Chapter 23: Men Act Like Boys In Front Of A Beautiful Girl

Rose's POV
I took a sip out of the water from the straw waiting patiently for this guy to come. I had patience that's one thing I got from my deadbeat father. This diner we were meeting at was dusty and dirty. The tables were sticky and I didn't trust the silverware nor would I eat from this disgusting place. The door opened and I saw a boy with white skin and brown hair with dark eyes. His outfit was a basic button down t- shirt and some black jeans. His shoes were some dirty sneakers. He looked around. I waved my hand. This had to be him.
"You must be Dylan" I said smiling as he sat down.
"Yes".
"Hmm good so you're the one who's prepared to do anything for my daughter. Is that right" I asked.
He gave me a confused look.
"Mother. How" he questioned.
"Long story. But anyway Dylan why should I trust you".
"Because I'll do anything for Laura literally anything. If I have to come to you so she can be set free...".
I yawned.
"Boring. Tell me the real reason" I stated.
He gave me a look. I folded my hands on the table and stared him down.
"You either tell me or I guess which won't help your case" I said.
"Because I see the way one guy looks at her. He's insane in the head and trying to get with her. He's the real reason she got hurt".
I smirked. Intriguing. Insane guy falling for my daughter.
"What I'm getting out of everything you just said, is jealousy at its finest moments".
"What".
"Sweetie I've been around men like you and your friends. A girl comes in the picture at least two of them catch feelings for her and want to be more than just friends. Sadly only one ends up with her. The other boy is just left broken hearted. You don't wanna be that boy do you Dylan." He shook his head. "You want that insane boy to be the one that's broken hearted. You deserve the girl" I said.
I started chatting with him. Somehow I explained the whole story about Laura's father and I. I left minor details out of it. I called the waiter over once I was finished telling him my part of the story. I made sure to make me seem like the victim which was true. I was the victim not her the bastard father of hers. The waiter came over.
"Order whatever you want".
"Key lime Pie" he said.
The waitress nodded and went to go get him the slice of pie.
"When I first met Laura's father I was a waitress. He ordered key lime pie and my number" I stated.
His face had an awkward expression on it.
"I know weird but his charm got to me. You already know the rest of the story" I answered.
The waitress brought back the pie. He started digging in using the silverware. I looked away. It was either from him using that dirty silverware or the key lime pie brought back a lot of memories. Once he finished eating I looked back at him
"Dylan I'm going to tell you what to do. Because I must be going".
He nodded his head wiping his hands with the napkin. I told him everything.
"Once she's in my hands you'll be free to date her. Dylan it was a pleasure meeting you" I said shaking his hand.
I smiled. Step one was complete. Take one of the guys and make him turn to my side. It's sad how fast he turned to my side once I promised him the girl. But some men turn into boys once a beautiful girl is thrown into their hands.