Demons Pt 3

Time skip 6 years

Six years have now passed since the incident. The church had to double the guards in fear of you going berserk again and killing the rest of the subjects. Since then you have been made a victim to constant experiments, but you didn't care as long as Samantha was safe.

Samantha:"001 are you alright?"

Samantha says as your dragged from a recent experiment into your room.

(Y/N):"*grown* Yeah I'm fine."

You say as you lay on the door grasping your left arm.

Samantha:"They've been experimenting on your arm a lot."

Samantha then lays down next to you resting her head on your shoulder. She then holds your right hand and starts to caress your palm.

(Y/N):"Samantha, what are you doing?"

Samantha:" Valory told me she did this to Lee every time he started to cry. It's supposed to calm you, is it working?"

(Y/N):"Yeah, thank you, Samantha."

She looked up at you and smiled. You always did like to see her smile, and those eyes made of blue and red showing a sparkle in her eyes of happiness.

(Y/N):"Come on its time for bed."

Samantha nods and stands up. You hold out your hand for her to pick you up. Once up you lunge your hand over her shoulders and are carried towards your bed.

Time skip next day

(Y/N) P.O.V.

Knock..knock..knock..

(Y/N):"God damn it who could it be this early."

As I try to get up to respond to those annoying knocks I look at Samantha only to see she's sleeping like a rock.

(Y/n):*Ugh, why does she get the ability to sleep through anything and I don't*

I then make my way whining towards the door and open it.

(Y/N):"WHAT. Oh, its you Valory sorry."

Valory:" No worries, I'm at fault for coming at this hour. Anyways I wanted to tell you that there will be no experiments for you today, and you're free to go on your own for today."

Happy to hear that, I was about to respond. That was until the guards came dragging 026 by force towards the medic bay. No doubt they were going to perform a surgery on him.

026:"Please let me go. I don't want to go back there. Just kill me and replace me with one of the subjects that you have in the basement."

The guards stopped as he said that and looked at him with anger, then at me. They then looked at each other and a grin appeared on their faces. Then very quickly they dragged 026 away from the medical bay and into a door that all the subjects were warned not to go.

(Y/N):*Other subjects.*

I looked at Valory who had begun to close the door. As the door closed I stared blankly into space trying to figure out what I had just seen.

Samantha:"*Yawn* Who was it?"

(Y/N):"It was Valory. She said that I have the day off today."

Samantha:"Yay, that means we can go exploring." She said sleepily.

(Y/N):"Yeah, no go back to bed. We still have a couple of hours till daybreak."

Morning

(Y/N):*Yawn*

Samantha:"Sheesh you look horrible. Didn't you get any sleep."

(Y/N):"No, I was a bit distracted."

Samantha:"Well we can just sleep in if you want to catch up on some sleep."

(Y/N):"On most days i would but not today. Today is all about us two just exploring."

Without hesitation Samantha grabbed my hand and started dragging me across the church.

(Y/N):*For a tiny thing Samantha really is strong.*

Afternoon

(Y/N):"Whoo that was quite the exploration."

Samantha:"I, don't think I can continue."

Samantha and i were at the top of the church's tower out of breath but enjoying the scenery. Once i had my breath back i went to the edge of the tower and sat down dangling my feet from the edge. As i stared at the ruined city and the beasts that plagued it, i caught glimpses of hunters. According to the church these hunters are after the same goal as the church but are misled by a cruel man. One by one i see them being overwhelm by the beast. Soon only one remains, and its always the same odd person. A female in a crows outfit wielding dual swords. Every time i see her she is starring at me, at least it looks that way. The odd thing about her is that every time somebody comes and talks to me she disappears.

As i starred at her Samantha came and joined me.

Samantha:"What are you looking at."

I look at her then point at the place where the mysterious lady is. Only for her to disappear again.

Samantha:"the city looks more alive than usual."

(Y/N):*Shes right, its almost as if the city  was getting ready to welcome back an old friend.*

Before i knew it Samantha laid her head on my shoulder and was fast asleep. I looked at her and noticed that she was smiling.

(Y/N):"It seams my little flower has fallen asleep."

I picked her up and started heading towards our room. Looking one last time at the city i could see the crow looking back at me. But this time i saw as she turned into a shadow and disappear.

Room

I laid Samantha in her bed and covered her with her blankets. As i turned to go to my bed i could hear some whispering.

Guard 1:" Man that guy could talk."

Guard 2:"Yeah, thank goodness he was silence."

Guard 1:"Ill say. He  almost screamed our secret to all the other subjects."

Guard 2:'Yeah, if they found out i don't think we could contain them. Especially 001."

Guard 1:"Sshh. Are you crazy we're right next to his room he might hear us. Now come on we're suppose to go to the meeting."

3rd P.O.V.

As you herd the two guards talk you became curious. You peaked through your door to see the guards walking towards the main room. You look at Samantha and see that smile of hers and smile back leaving the room. Not knowing that, that would be the last time you saw her smile.