19

Mishka' POV

"Here is the list", Mr. Girish, our hands out a paper to rohit, who then reads out the group, for our first group assignment.

He reads out a list of people name, I don't recognise, and realised exisiting in my class. I guess udita makes my life simpler, of not being forced into socialising with a group of dumbheads.

*Group 4*
1) Gauri
2) akash
3) Veer
4) Mishka
5) Udita
6) Rohit
7) Purvi

I just had on word for this group, terror. Gauri and veer!
How the heck will I be able to tolerate these two.
I look at the first bench, where akash sat, he looked me and then looked away.
Such a weirdo.

"Ohhh! Wow", udita screams, excitedly while I roll my eyes in frustration.

Gauri, comes towards our bench, smiling like a creep.

"Omg! I can't believe, we all are together. Mishka and udita, I am really looking forward to be able to work with you guys", gauri screams.

"Yess! Mish and I are also really happy. ", udita replies politely.

"Gauri, everyone is happy, now go back to your seat", Mr. Girish says and the entire class laughs.
Apparently it was a joke.

With this our class ends, and we walk towards the canteen. I see veer walking behind me. God!
Veer holds my hand, to stop me.

"Hey mish...mishka!", he speaks with a smirk.

"Veer, I really have no interest in beimg part of your happiness", I reply angrily.

"What happiness?", he asks confused"

"That same group....nevermind", I reply and try to walk away, when veer, stops me again.

"Vihaang would not want his sister to be so rude to people", he speaks while I look at him stunned.

"What the heck? How do you know so much, you bastard!", I scream at him

"Relax, love. Know that akash is my roomate, and he told me about your obsession with vihaang. Anyone associated with business world knows about your ugly custody case", he replies with a smile.

"So now what?, you will blackmail me?", I ask him sternly.

"No love, I am single and so are you, just give me a chance", he replies.

"I have a boyfriend back home", I reply

"I am not talking about relationship anyways", veer smirks.

I push him and walk away. Too much of veer in a single day.

●~~~~●

*Akash's POV*

"Finnee, stop hitting me", I reply while gauri don't not stop with her torture.

Gauri came up with a awesome plan, as she likes to call it, because I don't think anyone else thinks its awesome. We could all stay outside. We could rent apartment, our entire group. Because, our assigment group would remain the same throughout the semester.

"Go convince mishka and udita. If they agree, I have no issues", rohit replies that exact thing running in my head.

"Okay leave that, I need to go grocery shopping, I need someone to come with me", she asks and rohit almost runs away.

"Okay rohit don't come", gauri makes a puppy face while rohit acts as if he didnt see or hear anything, making me laugh.

Just then, I see mishka walking angrily, towards canteen and udita frowning. I could sense something was wrong. Next I see veer walking in a different direction. Did they fight?
Who cares.

"Comeee", gauri drags me towards rohit's bike.

I start the bike, indicating gauri to sit on my bike, while udita passes by us.

"Hey akash, hi gauri!", udita speaks excitedly.

"Hey udita!", gauri hugs udita

"Hi", was all I could manage to reply when I see mishka walking towards us.
By now, mishka had realised that I was not being normal. I wanted her to know, and realise, that I was not gonna try being a friend. Not after all the disasters. Anyways its not she would be affected.

"Mishka and udita, we are planning to stay out, next month, what are your thoughts?", gauri asks casually.

"Well. Not thought about it, but even we want to stay out", udita speaks looking at mishka who has a blank face. Like she had zoned out of the conversation.

"Thats cool, anyways, we are going grocery shopping", gauri speaks

"We are heading towards the market area as well", udita replies, excitedly.

"Oh great then--", gauri tries to speak but I cut her in the middle.

"Gauri I have other work too, let go please", I speak looking at mishka.
She does not bother giving any reactions.

"Lets leave udita", mishka drags udita away.

●~~~●

Gauri drags me towards the ice cream parlour, jumping like a 2 year old, while a I can do is roll my eyes.
Suddenly, a car passing by splashes water on my shirt, it was so sudden that I get no time to react or respond. My shirt gets drenched with the rain water.

"Are you okay?", gauri asks laughing on my face.

"I am, thanks for the fake concern", I reply irritated.

Gauri takes out her handkerchief, and starts wiping the water on my face, she looks at me a bit weirdly, it was almost like she paused and we stay a bit quite all this while.

"Lets go back to shopping", gauri breaks the awkward silence and I agree to walk back to the store.

Unfortunately, I see mishka and udita together, I decode to stick to gauri and act as if I didnt see her.

"You don't need to pretend, you xan properly ignore", mishka speaks slowly

"Alright, I wont pretend now", I reply annoyed.

Yes then--", mishka speaks when gauri  walks towards me and literally dtags me towards the women's dress section.

"Help me choose", she speaks slowly trying to control her urge to laugh again

"Whats funny?", I ask confused.

"Nothing", she replies and walks away.

I can never understand women.

●~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

How was the chapter?

Why do you think gauri reacted this way?

Do you think akash is just overthinking way too much?