23 - Prom Night (part I)

Gauri's POV

The happiness was never in my favor, it never was. I wanted Akash to be my prom, but Udita had to just snatch that opportunity from me. 

"You look so pretty!", rohit exclaims and all I could was smile.

"You look cute too chopsticks!!!"

"Lets head to the main gate of campus, akash and udita are waiting for us there"

"Sure! I will just get my purse", I reply, while the thought of seeing akash with someone else breaks my heart.

We head towards college main gate. It crowded with people. Everyone looks their best. Most of them are stag and its just a handful of them who have partners. At a distance, I see udita giggling while akash is looking our way and waving at us. I smile, but akash does not. He is waving at someone, not us. As I look back, I see mishka. She looks like a goddamn goddess. She is wearing a black silk dress, paired with silver pendent and earrings.

"Hey mishka", I wave at her.

"Hey gauri", she replies plainly. What was I even expecting!

"Where is your date veer?"

"Oh him, I dumped him. This morning", she exclaims

"So then? You dont have a date ?"

"Do you think I give two shits to going stag?"

"Sure no", I reply and mishka walks away from me and rohit.

Why is she always so rude? I was just trying to initiate a conversation here!

"Well that was awkward", rohit looks at and looking more confused

"She has too much arrogance"

"Maybe"

We walk towards akash and udita. Akash hugs rohit and me. I feel those butterflies in my tummy. Udita runs towards and hugs me tighter. I hug her back. I think I am overthinking this. Udita has no one to ask. Akash was her only guy friend. Maybe its just a stupid prom. Ugh.

"Gauri you look stunning babe!!!", she jumps excitedly. She is so much sweeter than mishka.

Why am I such indecisive with hating or liking people?

"Udi you look damn pretty too!", I smile back at her.

Akash is talking to mishka who looks like she is about to punch someone. She looks super mad, like always. Akash is way to sweet to be handling her. Actually all of us are. She just needs to throw tantrums.

-----‐---------------------------------------------------------------------

The group reaches prom revenue. It is filled with college crowd, everyone is grooving to the beats. The night is young, it resonates happiness, love and everything you would imagine a prom to be. While everyone is busy getting couple tickets, mishka stands in a corner typing something aggressively on her phone.

"Mishka you won't enter?", akash asks looking concerned.

"I will have to wait for veer", she replies coldly

"But, didnt you just dump him?", akash looks confused.

"He knows about my custody case akash. He has been blackmailing me. I can't possibly let him spread this in college"

"Mishka, you can let that guy walk all over you. This isnt you"

"Akash please don't give me advices"

"I am just - ", akash is interrputed by udita who looks visibly hurt.

"Mish! You didnt tell me!!", she frowns

"Udi I could handle this on my own, you can go ahead. I will wait for veer"

"Akash you take mishka with you, I will go with veer"

"But Udi - ", mishka tries to convince udita but she seems admant

"Mish, your last prom in school was messed up too. With your relationship and pammi aunty. I want you to enjoy this one without any concerns. And I know veer's type too well."

"Are you sure he wont reveal it?"

"Do you think he will give upon his advantage on you so easily?"

"I think so"

"Mishka and udita, you both go together. I  wait for veer. He wont bother you both. Just trust me on this.", akash interrupts.

"Akash, please! You dont know anything about veer and how much he knows!", mishka looks tensed.

"More than me? More than what you told me?", akash asks while mishka tries to avoid eye contact.

Mishka chooses to not look at them. Udita and akash were there for her. But, she was engulfed by her past. She was trying to hide it for so long and it felt like there was no escape now.

"Veer is here", mishka points at veer, who is getting out of his car.

"Mishka don't let him control you this much", udita begs

"Too late", mishka walks away, towards veer, who waves at them.

-----------‐--------------------------------------------------------------

Akash's POV

A week back, I could have sworn that mishka trusted me. But today she turned into a stranger once again. I don't understand why she chooses to trust her instincts and bad choices over and over again. She had the choice today to let go of veer and udita and I were so willing to save her. But she choose that guy over us. I don't understand why is she so afraid of her story. Unless there is more to it. Which ofcourse only veer knows.

"What took you guys sooo long?", gauri looks at me while dancing with rohit.

"Just some stuff", udita tries to avoid the question.

"Bro, where is mishka?", rohit asks me looking lost.

"She is with veer", I reply and gauri looks at me and rolls her eye.

I need to keep a close watch. Mishka might act like she is some super independent women who has got it all set. But she is terrible when it comes to her secrets and her past. Veer will continue to exploit her if not stopped soon enough. But for that I need to know what veer knows that we dont.

------------------‐------------------------------------------------------

Mishka's POV

"Hey mishka!", veer winks at me. I try so hard to control the urge to punch his eyeballs out.

"What dude? Are we going to stand here or head inside?", I ask and he smirks.

"Relax mish! We will soon enough", he replies taking he own sweet time to set his hair

"Mishka!", someone screams my name. As I look back, I am beyond shocked. Its her.

"Hello", I reply slowly. How did she end up finding me? Did veer tell her? She walks towards me, she seems angry for some reason. I dont understand what is going on. She is now next to me and I can see tears in her eyes.

"Is everything alrigh -", before I could finish the sentence. She slaps me, really hard.

____________________________________________

Guys!

Hopefully you liked this update. I will try to update the next chp on wednesday.

Stay tuned!

Love, ziva ❤