The terrible miserable me

Mishka's POV

Last I checked, I was the least loved on this planet. And now, I have dozens of people hovering around me, like I am some damsel, who needs to be wrapped around in a blanket.

To the say the least, it feels so suffocating.

Its been just over 6 hours, since I have woken up from a long nap or whatever you want to call it and mother has been feeding me like I was starving, maybe I was, but that's not the point.

They say my waking up was a disasterous medical error, well, I am just getting started with the gravity of situation.

Akash is sitting in a corner, holding his head, leaning close the wall and nupur is sitting beside me, trying to read the slightest of changes in my facial expressions.

And, this isn't even the bad news, I am probably paralysed, yes you heard it damn right.
And maybe paralysed for the rest of my life. Way to go mishka...

"Mish...drink some water", nupur insists.

"I am not thirsty", I respond annoyingly.

"Mish..I know you are just so confused and terrified right now, but know we are there. Your family"

"Only you are my family nupur, don't add your mother to it"

"You know it too, she really cares. And, she is your own mother, if she loves me, she adores you to death, and I know her love is suffocating at times, but its only to shield you"

"I see, whos side you are on, nups"

Before nupur could utter a word, Mr. Dev walks in and I could sense a lot of distress around. From whatever I have seen, him and mom are not on good terms currently. And, maybe for the first time, mom----I meant mother chose me. Well, too early to celebrate.

"Hi mishka, how are you doing now?", he asks me looking quite uncomfortable

"I am alive, I guess"

"Mish...", mother gives me a death glare

"I am fine, thank you for asking", I respond as formally as possible.

"I have talked to Mr. Nicolas Je'ane, from france. He is a leading surgeon and he will look into your complications", he responds wiping his sweat off.
I am sure he is worried about how the mehrotras will respond to me being disabled for I don't know how long.

"Thank you", it was all I could reply.

He walks towards the doctor, who then proceed to talk about the initial results and the process moving forward.
I was on a lesser dosage of drugs for induced coma due to lesser activity of my brain but I don't know what happened, and my body started showing hyper activity, thus leading to me waking up despite the induced coma. It generally isnt the way it seems. Doctors are still startled and want me to stay under observation for a week atleast.

Safe to say, I won't be joining NYU anytime sooon.

Mother walks towards me, teary eyed, and holds my hand. There is silence, its not awkward. But, I can feel some sort of turmoil inside of her. I know she probably regrets birthing me.

She then proceeds to call akash, who looks terrified of mother. I heard he got slapped and I kind of want to hug him but I also still hate him so I am really confused.

"Akash, I am sorry for whatever happened", mother finally speaks

"Umm...its alright..I am sorry for intruding the way I did too", akash responds