Mishka and akash

~ The universe is known to store happiness in  unexpected places. Keep looking for yours ~

~~~••

*Mishka's POV*

"Mishka ahuwalia will you marry?", akash asks and I am too stunned to speak

"Akash I, I don't know...I mean I ---"

"Its okay...its okay...I know it was such a bad timing but I just didnt want to lose you ever again and I ---"

"Akashhh...I freaking love you okay and I want to marry you this minute but I have a lot to unlearn and learn, and I don't want to rush us you know?"

"I know...I totally get it", akash stands back up, looking embarrassed.

"Yes! I will marry you akash..you just need to give me some time. I have to learn to walk again, or atleast get used to a wheelchair but I want you next to me"

"Mish...I am there right next to you, and I will wait for you as long as it takes"

We both hug each other, both tearing up and laughing. There are so much emotions, it feels so overwhelming. I don't know if today is the happiest or the saddest day of my life. But, I am soaked in so much of emotions, and I can barely take it all in.

"Mishka..We will need to talk to our parents, and you know..."

"Get engaged to me, lets do it as soon as possible"

"Mishka..I was trying to do just that a minute back you know", akash laughs

"Okay sorry", I bite my lips, trying to hide my excitement.

"Give me a minute", akash winks and runs away from the room

The last I remembered, you need to be in the same room as the person you want to propose right? Or was I in coma for too long to remember the rules of the earth?

"Sorry baby", Akash comes running with the same speed.

Akash, then kneels down in front of me, looking into my eyes, with this intensity and I knew this would be happening this moment, but if you asked me this even an hour ago, it would have felt unreal. I have been in love with this guy, almost a decade of my life, that this feels out of a movie. And I am nervous that this just might just be my extended sleep, that I am about to wake up from.

Akash pops the question, "will you marry me mishka?", and I start crying like a idiot. A baby for sure. And, then I spot him proposing me with kitkat! A kitkat?

"Are you proposing me with a kitkat and not a ring?", I laugh wiping my tears. I hold my stomach and keep giggling as he joins me laughing like a geek.

"Last minute proposal can only be pulled off  like this, accept karle na abhi (accept this right now please)", he pouts like a baby.

I laugh and pull him in for a hug. And just then tears start falling again. I just feel so many emotions right this moment, and all of them so intensely.

"Yes, I will akash", he hugs me and then we hear tons of clapping and cheering from behind.

My mom walks in with nupur, and pulkit. All of them happily jumping. My mom then pulls a ring off her finger and hands it over to akash. Akash smiles at her, slowly mouthing a thank you. And just as swiftly puts the ring on my finger.

"Congratulations, mishhh", nupur kisses my cheeks and then hugs akash tightly.
Its been a journey for her too, and to see her smiling so brightly gives me so much peace.

"I wish you both nothing but happiness. Our family has been through a lot, and I just wish that this is a beginning to all things good", mom says to all of us.