16

Mishka's POV

Its a holiday, a much needed holiday. I ts been merely a week into pune, and i could feel my nervous system breaking down with all the emotions.

I am 18 years old, about 9 years ago, my parents parted their ways in the ugliest way possible. I shut myself from the world, i let my true self die as it let me shut all that pain that could eat me up. But, merely seeing vihaang has bought everything back.

He may have grown up to be 14 year old but he is still so innocent, he still has that beautiful smile and those pretty eyes.
Above all, he still reminds me about the beautiful part of our childhood.

Udita, is long gone. Its 10 am while she left 2 hrs ago. She said she wanted to visit gym and then go to parlour, while i decided to stay back, i wanted some time alone to figure out my life.

I decide to head downstairs to grab some quick snacks. The girls hostel is buzzing with giggles and gossips, its the first sunday and everyone seems to be pretty excited about it except me.

"Hey!", a girl smiles at me
"Hi", i reply back, its gauri, akash's girl. Everyone seems to like her, and why wont they, she is sweet, nice, pretty, intelligent all that i am not.

"Why are you going?", she asks smiling
"To grab some snacks", i reply
"Oh cool, mind if i tag along?", she asks

"No problem", i reply

I was in no mood to entertain her but nor did i want to ruin my day so i decided to let her accompany me.

"Heyy!", rohit screams in gauri's ears
"Oyee..stop!", girl hits rohit irritated
"Sorry chopstick!", rohit teases her
"Umm..hi", rohit speaks to me
"Hi", i reply with a blank expression

We finally reach the small shop, its maybe small, but you get everything you need. I buy some biscuits, chips and juices.

Suddenly i see akash comming towards us. He hugs gauri while she has her typical giggle on. Hope she knows how annoying it gets at times.

Akash makes no eye contact and neither do i. We dont greet each other either. I know that night he was the one to help me out but it was very awkward to interact at this point. Its not like i am ashamed of drinking, its just a fear that he may hate me and make vihaang hate me too. I know that the lamest thing ever but this is how it is for me.

Suddenly something very unexpected happens. Akash walks upto me and smiles. I dont know but it was one of the most genuine smile i have seen in a while.

"Hey!..how are you?", i am okay
"I am fine", i reply with a poker face.

"Umm...thats nice!", he replies

*awkward silence*

I didnt know what to reply nor he knew how to reply back so silence became our conversation

"Okay..see you around", he replies and walks away from me.

What is wrong with me!

"Where were you!", gauri screams at akash

"I went to drop vihaang back home, he was crying because his mom didnt come to pick him up due to her work", he replies and a wave of mixed emotions run through me.

That women cant even take care of him. She is the shittiest person ever.
I have this intense urge to ask how vihaang is, how is home, if she remember i am alive, if he has slightest of idea who i am.

Suddenly it just breaks me so much. I am already done with place. God knows how am i ever survive this place.

First she kicked me out of her life to start over and dumped me on dad's head and now dad dumped me in this city knowing she lives here.

I wish i was just a bit more wanted..

But maybe its true, i dont deserve love, i never do.

Akash's POV

Maybe i the biggest fool inn the world. I should not have made a move and tried to talk. But, no. I am stupid as always.
She must be wondering how creepy i am and how desperate i am.

But, i dont know why i am sort of interested to know her. She carries this mysterious aura aeound her that makes me feel she is just like any other girl trying to hid behind a fake shield.

I wish, one day she realises that i am not a creepo and i want to genuinely be friends with her.

"Heyy! What are thinking?", gauri smiles.
"Nothing!", i reply trying to get away with random thoughts.

"Wanna party tonight?", rohit smirks
"Suree!", gauri pinches in
"Tujhe kisne bulaya (who called you!)", rohit replies while gauri hits him hard.

"Dude! This is not fair! Why you being mean!", she makes a face at eohit who in return pulls her cheeks
And, then she lets out her dimpled smile.

"Chill...we all will go!", we all laugh

*****
How was their first awkward conversation?