Mishka's story - 1 yr ago

The slap shocks me, and yash next to me is shocked too. He walks away leaving only mother and me.

"What was that for?", I ask angrily

"You knew all along, that I was your mother, yet you choose to stay silent?!", she screams and I am so paranoid and terrified to respond.

She instructs me to pack my bags and asks me to lead to my room.
My world came crashing down. I was terrified and shocked and shattered. I saw my mother, standing next to me. This time, she knew exactly who I was. She could read my eyes, and find resemblance. She could trace all of those scars and wounds, and could call my name without any hint of doubt. For once, I was hers not just legally. But, our hearts were far apart. There was a ocean between us, too deep, engulping us each minute. Call it telepathy, but I could read her lips and see thoughts running through her mind. But, we spoke no longer than 10 mins. She showed me court orders, I was bound under custody mess, that directed my legal rights to be transferred to mom, when I turn 18. As if I was a mere property. And I so was, uncalled for, anyone chose to pick me and leave me at their own convinence. Be it my own parents.

So here I was winding my life away, once again. Holding pieces of my life and tugging them in a luggage. Without any goodbyes or last hugs. Without letting udita know, that I knew vihaang all along. Without letting anyone know, that I hid from them all my life secrets and kept them tucked away becauae I was so afraid of dissappointing vihaang. And that, this moment, when I might see him, I have absolutely no words in my head on how to talk to him.

I was looking at my room, trying to capture each nook and corner. Trying to relive all the memories in few fraction of seconds, while my heart kept wanting more. I wanted scream and cry and do everything a normal girl my age would. I wanted to lean on and cry. I was scared and afraid.

After so long I build my life piece by piece and like everytime, my parent were willing to destroy it for sake of their enemity like ny life were some sand castle, ready to be ruined every time.

I pleaded for a little more time, I wanted to let udita know I will he safe but mother wanted us to leave as quickly as possible. We have final court proceedings in 20 mins. And with that I stepped out of my bedroom.

In that minute, I regretted so many things. Things I said and things I didn't.

I should have said sorry to akash for always laughing at him, and for not saying thanking when I was sloshed at a bar. I should have told him how I wanted vihaang to love me,  I should have told him, that I was scared to seeing mom that his party. And I should have told him, that udita was the good girl but I was the right girl. That I was in love. In love with akash.

------------------------------------------------‐--------------------

*2 weeks post prom*

"Mishka come for dinner", mother screams my name.

Its been two weeks since I saw my friends last. Soon after proceedings, mother took me to her home. She introduced me to her husband's kid - Nupur and Pulkit.

But she told vihaang I was her cousin. It infuriated me beyond words. I wanted to scream.

I walk downstairs, and I see mother with those three. And it feels dad's place all over again. I am an extra and always will be.
I sit next to vihaang, who is barely talking to me.

It angers me and I throw the plate on the floor. The plate shatters into million places. The food is scattered everywhere.

The next minute, my mother gets up, furious and shocked, she slaps me hard. Harder than last time at prom.