2 years later

Vihaang turns 17 today, and its a big occasion today. The mansion is decorated and the guests are pouring in to celebrate the occasion. There are fireworks and expensive arrangements to mark the day. Mrs. Devika takes great pride in her son, and the arrangements.

~~~~~~

Vihaang has grown to be quite a charmer but he is all a little child at heart. Maybe that's what you become, being the youngest in the house.
The mansion was decorated to also mark the 50th anniversary of suhani dadi and raghuveer dadji, Mr. Dev's parents and nikhil, nupur real grandfather and grandmother.

The party is to be held at 7 pm at night, but at 11 am itself, the caterers and other staffs start pouring in to be prepared for the day.

~~~~~~

Mishka's POV

"And, did you take scarf?", nupur panics yet again.

"Yes, smartass, I did. Stop worrying so much!", i laugh at her worried face.

"I dont know how you will survive alone", nupur looks at me with that scared face.

"Like I always do nups", I reply

Day after tomorrow, its finally the day, when I get to go away from home. My college ended, a year back and since then I took a break while also interning in Mr. Dev aka my step dad's company.
Mother pushed me to get into a good college and I finally got into NYU. This is so unlike me, to actually get into something so good, on my own. I have made peace with the fact that mother is never truely going to let me be part of her family, vihaang will never know that I am his real sister, but maybe I am thankful that I get to finally live freely in my dream city.

I remember visiting new york, almost 6 years back, for pammi's niece's bachlorette.
The event was anything but fun, yet the city mesmerised me. The tall building, serene landscapes. I was intrigued.

I miss udita, and I wish I could tell her that I finally made it. But, maybe I am destined to always be partially happy.

~~~~~
Back in Delhi

"Akashhh..., wake up betu (wake up son)", akash's mom wakes akash gently, knowing he has been awake again till 3 am.

"Maa, let him sleep, he again slept late", disha speaks (disha is akash's real brother nikhil's wife).

"What kind of work is this, my child, quit it if you like, we have a business, stop slogging so much", akash's mom speaks patting his head.

Akash's POV

I have been so tired lately. Its been a year since I left college, a year since I joined Zeenath Investment consultancy, working along side Mr. Z. A. mohommad, a leader in investment consultancy. His guidance despite being so valuable, drains me physically and I am forced to stay awake till 3 am every night.

Lucky for me, udita and rohit too moved to delhi. They have been my constant, and today is finally sunday. We are planning to goto meet vihaang. Its been years since I met him, and today is his birthday.
I have a quick business trip to pune and it wont hurt to see him again.

Vihaang never met me again post that night, when we visited his home, me and mishka. He always either remained too busy or just too tired to meet. So, its time to maybe finally surprise him.

"Where is gauri beta?", mom asks concerned that I have not talked about my girlfriend since long.

"She is okay mom, don't have to worry too much. She wanted to spend sometime with her mother and decided not to come on the trip", I calmed her.

My mother adores gauri like anything. Gauri too is really fond of my family. Its like being isolated in your own family whwn she is around. Despite that the engagment talks have been bothering me so much. Is it okay to love someone but still not want to marry them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nupur dii", vihaang screams across the room

"Tell me, what is wrong", nupur senses vihaang being really scared about something.

"He is comming to meet me tonight", vihaang sounds like he is about to cry.

"Akash bhaiya", vihaang speaks and nupur is startled.

"Who is he?", she asks curiously

"A friend of mine", vihaang shows picture of akash, the one mishka had been dying to see.

"Since when do you know him"

"A long time di. Even mishka di knows him. But mom told me not to ever contact him as that would make mishka di get separated from us again. I didnt want that you know.", vihaang speaks tearing up.

"Vihaang. We have to let him visit you. I know whatever mom said, but your sister was forced to stay away from her friends, because mom still thinks, that her friends were a bad influence on her. And its clearly said in court papers, if mom is not able to keep mishka good in terms of habits and studies, her dad has every right to win her back. Mom does not want to lose her again. So I know you want to keep mom's promise, but can you do this for mishka. Let her meet alash once before she leaves for new york?", nupur asks wiping away her tears.

"Yes, I can di", vihang smiles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

How was the update?

Count down to last 5 chapters!

Stay tuned ❤

~~~~~