Prologue.

"I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me. "

I sit on the windowsill and stare at the gardens below, I listen to the sounds of the crickets in the night, the sound of the owl who has made a home in our tree. I listen to the sounds of peace, tranquility, and all out happiness.

But now that the moon is up, I am forced to remain in my bedroom, father does not like the idea of me roaming the halls at night. He fears I may use my "satanic abilities" and bring demons into our home, or steal, or run away, whatever false accusation he chooses to make in that moment. Overall, he just wants nothing to do with me.. unlike my twin sister.

You see, when my sister and I were born, we both were gifted with magic, which is very rare in the case of having twins. My sister, Lucy, she was gifted with the power of Celestial Magic, she can use keys and summon spirits, she is basically an angel as father calls her. Not that I would know... I haven't seen her in over seven years.

While she was born with a gift, I was born with a curse, Demonic Flames is what the magoc has been named. Over the course of a century only my uncle, my mothers twin, was cursed with it, he was killed. Although he was accepted by the family, he ws killed on a quest, from the stories I have read he was a phenomenal wizard. I wish I could have met him, I wish I could have someone in my life who doesn't deem me a freak..

The last time my sister and I saw each other was at our mothers funeral, she passed when we were ten years old. She looked at me as if I was a stranger, father wouldn't even spare a glance at me. I stood far to the side, while the funeral progressed, until eventualy I went back to my room, or my cell as I like to put it.

The only thing I am greatful for is that I am able to practice my magic freely, no one comes into my room unless it is a maid bringing me food or passing a message along from my father. Sometimes if I'm lucky, I'm even able to escape to the courtyard at night, but tonight I need to focus on my magic. 

I pull out the book my uncle left for me, the only thing I have of him, and begin reading about the different variations of this magic. The only thing I have learned and practiced is controlling the heat of my flames, I have multiple different variations of them, all that will take time to learn and master. But I will learn them one day.

But as of now, the only thing I am concerned about is leaving this place, I have been.. borrowing.. money from my father over the course of the last few years in order to escape. Hopefully it'll be soon. I'm sure how much longer I can take this. 

I have heard the maids speaking of guilds, one particular one I hear about is FairyTail, apparently my sister is quite entranced with their fundementals. Me? I haven't heard of them speak of any that would apply to my interests. I want a guild who goes against the grain, who doesn't believe in friendship. 

I want one where I can get revenge on my father, and my sister, for making me feel as worthless as I do, who can finally help me feel free.