The Hunger Games

Zacznij od początku

Simon stopped digging in the males bowl of names. "Well then! How brave. Come up here young man!"

I slowly started walking to the stage. I looked over at my parents and Harry.

Harry gave me a small wave, which I returned. He didn't know he would never see me again.

I climbed up onto the stage and stood beside my sister.

"What inspired this heroic decision?" Simon asked, smiling brightly at me.

"Shes my sister. I have to protect her." I said numbly.

"Ashton you idiot!" Lauren cried. "You know only one of us can return! I'm not gunna let you die!"

"You're welcome." I said dryly.

"How touching!" Simon dabbed his make up covered eyes. "Well lets get this show on the road! Literally, scoot!" He ushered us off the stage and into a small room.

"What are mom and dad gunna say?" She panicked.

I hugged her tightly. "Probably something really cool like, "Oh Lauren! I can't wait to see you kick ass on live TV! Woo, you go girl mhm!"" I snapped my fingers and put my hand on my hip.

She giggled slightly and pulled away. "One can only hope. I love that you're so gay."

The door opened then and our parents rushed in, Harry right behind them.

"Not my babies!" My mom cried, hugging us both tightly. "If you need me, I'll break my way into that arena and save your little asses, okay? Just call my name and I'll be there."

My dad pulled her off. "Im not paying for parking!"

Harry walked up and wrapped his arms around my legs. "I woul' pay foh pahking foh you." He said, mumbling into my thigh.

I hugged him tightly. "I would pay for parking for you too buddy." He hugged Lauren too, just as the Peacekeepers came and escorted them back out.

We were led to a train that would bring us to the Capitol.

We waved goodbye to our family and the rest of our District, as the train started and finally pulled us out of view.

-

Luke's P.O.V.

"And the female tribute for District 1 is...Blair Rivers!"

I smirked. Blair was a total bitch. I couldn't wait for her to die.

"And the male tribute is..."

I watched as Blair smilied and posed for the cameras.

I rolled my eyes as someone pushed me. I whipped around and glared at them. "Um excuse you, who gave you the right?"

"Your name was called." The boy stuttered. He pointed to the screen, where the camera had zoomed in on me.

"Oh, thanks mate." I quickly made my way to the front.

I stood three feet away from Blair, as I hated her guts and didn't want to breathe the same air as her.

"And those are our two District 1 tributes!" The crowd cheered.

Blair flipped her hair as we were escorted off the stage. "I can't wait to kill you."

"Don't be stupid." I rolled my eyes as I waved. "We team up until its just me and you, then I go for the throat."

"And I go for the dick." She smirked and I gasped and glared.

"You're not allowed there!"

We said quick good byes to our families and then stepped onto the train.