Chapter 26

“Kristen? Wake up..” I felt someone nudging me. I pushed their hand away and turned onto my side, “Come on Kristen, you’ve been sleeping for 2 days now..”

“What?” I asked, sitting up slowly, my head suddenly pounding, “Ow..” I looked to Niall who was sitting at the edge of my bed. 

“I brought you some tea, and advil. Liam is going to be happy your up you know, hes been really worried about you and Lou.”

“Lou? What?”

“Oh..Liam said you probably wouldnt remember..Here, get up and we’ll go to the couch and eat something.” I felt his strong arms wrap around my waist as he lifted my off the bed. I took an advil as we walked down the wall at a slow pace. My legs were all wobboly. 

“Hey Liam-” Niall started but Liam suddenly smiled. 

“Kristen!! Finally..Now we gotta wake up Lou..” 

“Shh Liam..” I whispered, sitting on the couch and putting my tea down. My eyes were still half closed, but I could hear Niall in the kitchen as he dropped a plate, and various other items as he tried to make food.

“Im going to go check on him.” Liam said, standing up quickly as Niall suddenly yelled “OH SHIT!”, then Liam ran to him instead. I heard them bickering behind the closed door before Niall came out, setting three sandwiches on the table with a bandaged up hand.

“What-?”

“Knife.”

“Oh..” I grabbed my sandwich, taking a huge bite. I felt like I hadnt eaten in days. Which is true. 

Liam put in a movie after calling Brianna and Julia, Harry and Zayn to tell them I was awake. 

They came into the room in less then 5 minutes, all squishing on the couch and watching the movie with us. Julia helped me eat the rest of my sandwich since I really wasnt hungry anymore after about 3 bites. I just didnt have an appetite. 

At Lunch, Niall and Liam wanted to take me on a walk for some fresh air. Liam said a walk on the beach, with the salty air and the subtle waves, it should be very calm and quiet. Liam had been searching things up on line for people that pass out, when they awake, they should stay in a very calm and quiet environment. Zayn and Harry have been playing playstation online all day and Julia and Brianna went shopping, I told them I would go if I didnt feel so sluggish. 

I got dressed into a simple, huge white & purple vintage sweater. I put on some toms and we drove to the beach. Liam went to go park the car and Niall and I walked to the boardwalk, sitting down, our feet dangling in the water. 

“So, are you and Lou back together?”

“Niall I really dont want to talk about it right now..” 

“Its ok, its just..” He stopped, reaching for my hand and holding it, “I love you, Kristen. And I...” He laughed nervously, “I just, I want you to love me too.” He lent foreward, his breathing erratic and I felt his lips come in contact with mine. I pulled him in before realizing something. Louis and I weren’t really over yet. So basically, I was cheating on him in a way. Again. His hands found my hips and pulled me onto his lap and we didnt break contact. I broke us apart and he laid his forehead against mine. “Do you-” he started, breathless, but I jumped off him just as Liam came over and sat right inbetween us.

“What did I miss?” He smiled, looking at us both. 

“Nothing.” I said, getting up and taking off my shirt, “But I want to swim.” I was about to jump in when Liam grabbed me. I looked to Niall who was biting his bottom lip.