"Wait, didn't you say you were part of triplets?" he questioned, realising after a brief minute that she had hinted that there were three of them, rather than two. Armelle's eyebrows furrowed before she realised what she had said and coughed awkwardly.

      "Uh yeah, he died when we were born though, so, oh yeah," she spoke quietly, Arsen gathered that it was a sore topic for her.

      "Not that you probably care, but I'm sorry to hear that," he told her honestly, he wished he had other siblings other than his brother. 

     'We could've had another brother if those bloody Alphas didn't kill our parents,' he thought bitterly. 

     "It's fine, never met him," Armelle waved it off managing to switch emotions so quickly that Arsen almost looked taken aback.

     "Anyways, none of that sad stuff honestly, what were you doing before you went rogue?" she asked, taking another sip of drink as they delved into a much more lighter and interesting conversation. Arsen, still sceptical if she was going to press on about the upcoming war, continued to answer and question her back and forth until they forgot about the differences between them.

     "So you're telling me that when you were younger you ran around your pack in only your undies?" she teased, completely forgetting about the war as she took another spoonful of her ice cream.

      "It was a dare, I never back down from a dare," he grinned, mimicking her movements and found that he quite liked her laugh and being this carefree with her. The chuckles coming out her mouth sounded like melodies to his ears, being even remotely happy around her made him question why they even disliked each other.

       "Gosh, you would've been a joker if you weren't rogue," she slipped out, continuing to laugh. Arsen stiffened at her words and it all came back to him, the bubble of ignorance broken at the simple term. He gulped and his memories came back to him, he became silent as Armelle continued to chuckle at the thought of him running around in her undies. But, as she glanced at his figure her laughter died down and instantly as if all the light in her disappeared. 

       "I guess, you can't help what happened to me though," he said grimly biting back curses as his hands turned into fists as he acknowledged the bigger situation. 

   Mates. War. Rogue. Alpha

       "I know, I'm sorry for bringing it up," she replied back honestly, Arsen noticed the sincerity in her eyes and saw a flash of another emotion he couldn't quite pinpoint. Suddenly, he had the urge to hold her as he breathed, taking in her scent once more and somehow he managed to calm down and fought the bond.

        It was all so confusing, one second there was a longing to continue to laugh with her, hold her and talk to her, but at the same time, his past and his hatred of Alphas caused him to have some sort of barrier between her and him. The bond was surely getting stronger and he was fighting it as much as possible. 

   'This was just a slip-up,' he cursed himself and then his face hardened.

    "What do you want from me? We're running around in circles," he told her sternly, not playing her game anymore and his gaze landed on hers. The atmosphere heavy as Armelle's eyes assessed him at the sudden mood change. He watched all humour and emotion die in her eyes and she looked away, her jaw clenched.

     "I guess we're back to normal, good. I told you before Arsen I want information on this war, about who is leading it and how," she clipped, her hard glare landed back on Arsen, who shivered as she spoke his name. 

   Arsen clenched his teeth and looked away from his mate, breathing in and out as he planned his next move. Apart of him was tired of playing this game of cat and mouse, there was something that told him to tell her, inform her that they would be attacking soon. His wolf, Griffin was that voiced that wanted him to reveal a part of the war. He wanted so desperately for his host to be with Armelle, the animalistic claim inside of him wanted her. Griffin pleaded for him to do something that would bring her closer, anything. He didn't want him to resist the bond. At the same time, apart of Arsen didn't want to betray his only family member who took care of him when they went rogue, but apart of him also knew that Evan probably knew the scouting would fail and he would become the victim of it. 

   He was playing a dangerous, confusing game of loyalty, like he was being pulled from one side, but then pulled again by the other. Where did his loyalties lie and what would be the extent of it? Arsen's brain was hurting from the internal conflict happening inside of him, his loyalty lying between a thin line. The new one and the old one. His animal side wanting his mate, his human side in the conflict between his brother and the woman in front of him. The future alpha. The female alpha who was slowly weaving her way into his life. 

    If rogues won the war then he would be welcomed into open arms, but then again, it was only one pack. If Arsen or Evan managed to kill the Alpha, then they would become Alpha, but if they lived, everything would be in chaos. If this pack won the war, he would be with his mate or be killed in the process for being rogue or helping his brother. If he told Armelle everything and she didn't win the war he'd be killed be the rogues, or he would stand by her side if they won. 

  He was torn.

   A heavy silence came in between Armelle who was awaiting for an answer, Arsen still in conflict with himself questioned and thought of everything that could go wrong or go right if he helped her. Even if he lied about something he somehow knew inside of him that Armelle would tell if he was lying or not, she was going to become the future Alpha, she'd have heightened senses compared to his. He grew tired, something pressed against his chest.

   'Fuck it,' he thought after a long five minutes of contemplating and looked at Armelle straight in the eye.

      "You want to know something? Fine. They have 200 wolves, rapidly growing in numbers, many were ex-warriors, probably reaching to 300, " he stated out of the blue and he bit his lip, feeling slightly relieved that he managed to say something.  He noticed her expression turned from confused to surprise as if soaking in the information. Her eyes widened, Arsen couldn't meet her gaze.

    "300 wolves," Armelle whispered and she became weirdly silent as if the information had zipped her mouth shut.

     "Thank you," she finally replied back and a beautiful, almost excited smile crept up onto her face, she almost looked relieved. Arsen's heart tugged against his chest, he felt himself grow red at her expression.

      "You don't know how much you've helped us by that," she smiled. He felt like melting. 

      "Uhm, you're welcome," he hesitated, taken aback by how happy she was and how happy it made him to see that smile on her. Griffin barked proudly at his mate, happy that his host made her happy. He wanted Arsen to hug her to celebrate this victory.

       Of course, Arsen refrained from doing so.

a.n hope you like this update guys! how do you think the story is progressing so far?