Day 4 Chapter 19 (envy)

Chapter 19
Day 4
Envy
INT. SCHOOL - CLUBROOM - NIGHT

MIKIO NARRATES THE ACTIONS MADE AN SEEN

*I knew today would be the day I have to choose between making the banner with Yuri of cupcakes with Natsuki. So I told Natsuki and Senpai to stay home today and take the time to work on both while I go to check on the rest of the girls in the club. This means it's only me, Sayori, Yuri, and Monika in the clubroom.*

Monika:
Oh man! I'm the last one here again?

Mikio:
Practicing piano again, Monika?

Monika:
(Nervous)
Ye-yea... I was.

Yuri:
You must have a lot of... uh... determination. Starting this club and now picking up piano?

Monika:
Well, I wouldn't say I have determination. That's Makoto over here!

*Monika knudges over to me. I was too focused on what Monika said about me.*

Monika:
No, not Determination. But I guess... Passion. Remember that the club wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all of you. And I am super happy that you all are willing to help out for the festival t-... wait... where is everyone?

Yuri:
Uh... Makoto said that they were out sick today. So they couldn't make it to school.

Monika:
Well.
(Clears throat)
That's unfortunate.

Mikio:
Say... Monika... are you into fried squid? I heard that the cooking club are making a few of those.

Monika:
Squid...? That's a very specific thing to look forward too.

Mikio:
Well, they are having it. And I do think you might like it. I mean.
(Chuckles)
It's in your name. Mon-IKA.

Monika:
Well. for one: That's not how you say my name. And Two. That makes zero sense in translation.

Mikio:
Translation...?

Monika:
Le-let's just focus on the festival.
(Nervous)

*How dumb, do you think I am, Monika? I roll my eyes and begin to check on Sayori who sits in the corner of the room with her eyes on the desk and her finger tracing the desk.*

Mikio:
Sayori... hey Sayori... SAYORI!

*Sayori jumps up out of her seat in fear.*

Mikio:
Oh crap! Sorry Sayori.

Sayori:
N-No it's my fault! I should've been spacing out.

Mikio:
It's okay. It happens to everyone.

Sayori:
Well... you can go hang out with everyone else.

Mikio:
What's wrong?

Sayori:
Nothing! I'm totally fine.

Mikio:
Be honest.

Sayori:
Makoto... there's nothing wrong with me. You're worrying too much about me.