Completely reckless and not paying attention. Not to mention the roads were iced and the snow storm was rolling in. There was already three inches on the ground.

    For a second, I honestly believed that I was going to die right here in this very exact car with Jack Barakat. It would be tragic, but yet again, I'm with Jack, and he’s too goofy to deem my death to be tragic if my death was with him.

    He rambled on and on, throwing up his hands in the air while he spoke. It made me nervous to see just one hand on the steering wheel. "My parents gave me this car because they knew I was a bad driver. But you know what? There are other worst drivers than me. Like homeless people! One time I had this encounter with a homeless person and by the end of the night we were eating pizza but then it got all weird when he asked for a blowjob." His rambling kept getting awful by the second.

   If I wasn't so frightened by his driving I may would have laughed by his story of the homeless man he encountered. But it was impossible to laugh or even smile the slightest when I also had Alex on my mind. He's always on my mind but today, he was on mind in a bad way. I needed to see him and hear him speak, even if the things he yelled at me were hurtful.

    It was a mystery of how I made it out in one full piece; alive, but we made it. And by made it, I mean somehow Jack pulled up to Alex’s apartment building without crashing at all.

    I wasted no time getting out of his car and out into the unforgiving freezing weather. I walked through the gloomy lobby to the elevator. My fingers rapidly pressed the level three button, thinking it would make the elevator faster.

   "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon." I chanted under my breath. It was almost as if Alex's apartment was a magnetic, pulling me in with great force.

   Finally, I've reached to my mind-set destination. 

     My breathing hitched deep in my lungs while my fist was raised but still. Before I could even knock, of course I was stalling. I knew that I had to do this; be the bigger person. That’s what relationships are right? It’s about compromise and communication.

    Damn it, I wished I had a woman figure in my life.

    My fist delicately knocked on the door, but I hit a little harder when no response came after the first try. I begun to panic, and questioned if he was even here.

   He has to be; Jack even told me he was here.

   With another hit with my fist, and the deciding it was going to be my last attempt, the door swung open.

   My jaw is dropped from the person before me. Quickly, I recover but still astonished of the man in front of me.

   Alex looked dreadful. His eyes blood shot red and heavy bags underneath them. The clothes he wore reeked with the strongest smell of alcohol. His expression looked like he had no idea what was even going on, he was clearly that drunk to comprehend.

   I took matters into my own hands, grabbing Alex's arm and swinging it over my shoulders, balancing him on me. 

   His steps were unstable and uneven with every step we took towards the direction of the bathroom.

  "Whatta you even doing here." His sentence was slurred and thick. "I don't even deserve you." He poked my cheek.

  I ignore him once we reached to the shower. Stripping him down, he stopped me at his boxers. 

   "Whatta are we doing?" He attempted to wiggle his eyebrows.

   I scoffed from his appearance. He was wasted and the more I was around him, the more I could smell the stench of alcohol.