Chapter 27

3rd POV

It was three months ago that'd they'd last seen Tae. Their last form of contact having been the message he sent Jimin the night they left. Everyone was surprised by it, even hoping just maybe it was an answer to their letter. It wasn't, they were lyrics, sad words telling them what Tae was going through.

Reading it over and over they finally started to understand a bit about Tae's mental health problems. But no matter how much they tried to reach out Tae never answered, they felt lost and incredibly guilty. After all they were a definite cause for Tae's relapse, had they simply taken care of him correctly he would still be here.

None of the members were taking things well, though they tried to hold it together. Each one secretly falling apart on the inside, too caught up in their own troubles to realize the other was just as broken. Whenever they gathered together they pretended everything was fine, yea they missed Tae but they could bare they pain.

Knowing that when they left to their perspective rooms or anytime they were left alone all the feelings of lost and abandonment came to light. They felt ashamed of themselves but also embarrassed, they felt as though they'd put everything and the line with that letter. Every emotion that tore wholes in their hearts all in one envelope, and despite all of that no response.

They waited and waited hoping that after Tae's first message that night that there'd be more. Hoping that was him opening up to them, trying to tell them his problems, reaching out. They were wrong, months having pasts they realized it was his goodbye to them, it had so many questions that were left unanswered. Though it was clear that for Tae it was too late for any of them to give him the answers he was looking for.

All of their messages left unread, calls unanswered, worries soaring high. But no one to comfort them, they couldn't confide in each other too many feelings blocking the need to call out for help. Still everyday they wake up put on the mask they needed to wear that day and continued on. It was actually very ironic that they each resorted to the same method they'd fussed over Tae using after understanding his lyrics.

Today was no different they all got up and started their day the same way they have for the past three months. Jin made breakfast for everyone while they all sat silently and ate. Getting ready for practice they dragged themselves into the van, for another tiring 8 hours of work. Most were so unmotivated their teacher made them stay longer so they didn't get home till 11pm.

Slowly making their way to the door something felt off. Namjoon first said something when he noticed the door was unlocked. The others panicked slightly simply suggesting they'd forgotten to lock it this morning. It was plausible seeing as no one could actually recall most of the day anyway. They still proceeded with caution entering not sure if the simplest answer was the right one.

All the lights were out and it was quiet, venturing through they laughed at themselves as nothing seemed to be out of place. Everyone quickly retreated to their rooms stopping immediately when they noticed a light on. Wouldn't have been such a big deal if that particular light wasn't in a room any of them hadn't dared enter since returning home. Before anyone could accuse the other of breaking some unspoken rule, the door opened.

"Wah! Oh, I didn't hear you guys come in... uh. Hi?"

Yeah sorry guys 😑 something happened to the chapter I wrote almost 2 weeks ago that planned to put out on Tae Tae's bday. I said I'd just rewrite it but I couldn't remember everything and it was a chapter I just wrote and didn't plan out😭. So sorry if this chapter is dry or weird next one should be way better.