Chapter 27

The song for this chapter is "Stand By Your Man" by Tammy Wynette it was selected by msbear920 and this chapter is dedicated to her! Thank you for bringing this beautiful song to my attention.

Enjoy!

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

I can't even explain the feeling flowing through me right now. All I could feel was pride for my Luna standing up for me and staying by my side even though I knew I wasn't in the right for half of the shit I did. To Jamie, it didn't matter. Just like I backed up her decision to see Carter, she accepted mine for pummeling him.

Grabbing her hand in mine I turned back ready to leave when Jamie stopped me. 'I need to say good bye to my parents' she whispered sounding broken hearted over the idea of having to say good bye to them yet again. Though unlike the last two times we left La Meute de La Lune Bleue I was going to give her the chance to say good bye- though not forever but they were making it rather difficult to get together. Nodding my head she looked back into the door-less entry, no longer able to communicate through her wolf to summon them.

"Wyatt" she called him though he was still planted firmly in front of us his gaze locked on my face like he was hoping I would just burst into flames. "Can you please get my family... And Austin." Now it was my turn to stare on at her. Of course entering the house I caught on to his scent. Not just the fact that he was a human stood out but the similarities between his and Heathers stench was mind blowing. "Will you please meet him? He's pretty much the only friend I have left" she whispered beggingly showing off her wide puppy dog eyes as I nodded agreeingly. I know I may see like a jerk most of the time especially when it comes to Carter but I'm not a complete dick that won't allow Jamie to have friends, even though this friend was her old bang buddy.

"Are you sure that's a good idea Jamie? I mean your lovely mate is as safe as a tiger running through the streets" he scoffed rudely as I rolled my eyes at his attempt at a good simile.

"I'm positive" she spat back defensively as I watched his eyes go hard with concentration and I knew he was planning strategy with his pack. Within only a few seconds Jamie's family piled out from the house. Her mother weaping tears as though her heart was literally broken into two seperate pieces, her father angry yet almost seeming terrified for his daughters safety. Then good old Trent, Jamie's male look alike, the golden boy. His features were tight and hatefully yet he was looking at Jamie in such a way, which irritated me beyond belief.

"Nate said you guys can come over whenever you want" Jamie's soft hopeful voice cut into my mental debate.

"How kind of him" Trent growled his bright eyes penetrating directly into mine. I chomped on my cheek until I could taste the blood just trying to contain myself from yet another freak out.

"Trent, stop" she ordered though it was more like a plead to her older brother. "I want you guys to come, see where I live, meet everyone, but most importantly I want you to see the real Nate" she told them earnestly giving my hand a light squeeze as though she felt my heart rate increase at how she spoke of me. "He's not this terrible person who is angry and attacks people, he's gentle and loving, you just have to give him a chance to show you" she vowed with determination.

"We'll think about it" George retorted with little emotion causing Jamie to nod her head defeatedly and fight away the sadness that was slowly consuming her.

Austin began to walk up next having Wyatt directly at his side as if I would attack a human- which I wouldn't. That's just cruel. I could tell he was nervous by the sweat forming against his forehead not to mention the fact that he couldn't look me in the eyes. Though the closer he came the more I realized him and Carter had many similarities. Both possessed a dark brown shade of hair and matching deep eyes. Their builds were similar with slim fit waists and semi defined arms- granted Carter was naturally larger. However the two were one hundred percent opposite of me. Until now it never occurred to me that Jamie may have a type. Sure it was clear to everyone that Carter and I looked nothing a like but to know that the guy Jamie selected to give herself to was of the same criteria as him rattled me.