Thirty One

The basketball court was quite noisy with shoes squeaking as they skidded across the gym floor. The gym erupted into cheers as Jungkook managed to shoot the ball into the basket. You could say that we were prepared for the regionals but for the girls..not so much. You know why?

Because i was on the team.

Lisa was leading the girl's team on the other side of the court from where i was. I was sitting alone in the corner of the gym hugging my knees tightly while i watched the others immerse themselves in the sport. Eunha wanted to approach you but by the look on your face , she noticed that you wanted to be alone.

She gave you occasional glaces when Lisa wasn't yelling at her for not focusing on the drills they were doing. As the boys team finished up their celebration, Taeyong noticed that you were sitting all by yourself at the far end of the gym so he took it upon himself to talk to you.

"Why are sitting all by yourself over here?" You turned to face hum before looking at your shoes.

"It's nothing really. You should go back over there and practice with your team for the regional team next week." You tried to convince him but he was being stubborn and just stayed put.

"Y/N. I think i know you long enough to tell you that you're not being completely honest with me." He sat directly in front of you making you look up at him. "What's wrong?"

You let out a sigh as you finally released all your worries in one single breath and..you felt at ease. "I feel like i'm completely useless to the team. Why have me when you have girls like Lisa and Eunha? I'll probably just drag the team down."

"Don't sell yourself short. I mean have you even tried playing a little." You pouted as you spoke making a smile appear on Taeyong's face. "Well..no but i don't need to play to know i'm awful. I'm not really the sporting type."

"Get up."You hummed in confusion as you watched him stand up, holding his hand out for you to grab. "What?"

"You heard me. I'm going to help you overcome this. I know that you can do it..you just have to believe in yourself."

You smiled before grabbing on to his hand with him pulling you up. He took you to the less crowded side of the court to help with all the drills that were on a need to know basis. He made you feel better about yourself and for that you were extremely grateful.

~~~

"Jungkook, what's going on?! You were doing just fine a while ago." Jaebum pulled his teammate aside and asked out of concern.

The other members had thrown the balls to him to make a basket but he hasn't even made an effort to catch any of them. In fact he wasn't even focused on what was happening on the court anymore.

"Nothing's wrong. I just have a lot of things in my head." Jungkook said as he rubbed the back of his neck and staring at his shoes.

"Well then get your game together. We all don't want to lose because you have a lot things in your mind. Just sit down on the bench and think, then get back on the court." Jungkook hummed in response before jogging over the side of the court.

He chugged a bit of water from one of the water bottles and dabbed a towel on his forehead. His eyes wandered over to the far end of the court where you were practicing your throws. You were occasionally laughing with Taeyong if he wasn't guiding your throws by placing his hands on top of yours.

He was annoyed..

"Jungkook!" Lisa shouted as she ran over to where he sat but he didn't notice. His mind was just on you.