Chapter 31

🎵...COME ON BABY, DON'T FEAR THE REAPER,

BABY TAKE MY HAND, DON'T FEAR THE REAPER...🎵 

***

OLIVIA

I am ridiculously cold.

That's the first thing gets into my head when I can finally hear some sounds around me. It would be so damn easy to just open my eyes and see where I am. Maybe I can think to plan something if I just blink a little. But I don't want to. The dark void I was thrust into earlier has Fraser, Adam, fuck even Devon. I've imagined them making a team to kill Lorenzo, piece by piece. They tell me everything is going to be alright. They don't make everything hurt. But here right now, I'm neither numb or lost.

It's pain.

Pain all over my body. My head isn't clear, mind even worse. I don't even know how much times has passed since-since that car rammed into us. I can feel the dry blood in my mouth. Which I have the mind to spat at whoever is in front of me when something stops me. Someone is talking but my mind registers a little too late as a hand grips my hair tight enough to force a groan out of me. 

When I don't open my eyes, a disgusting voice rasps near my ears. "Open your eyes, darling. I know you're awake."

Lorenzo. 

That bastard even has the nerve to laugh. A terrorizing laugh that makes goosebumps appear on my body. I refuse to listen to him. But his words make it harder to keep to my promises.

"Won't you open those beautiful eyes now?" My eyes felt like shut close, even if I wanted it's most likely not happening anytime soon. Just when I try to blink, his next words has my eyes peel open in shock. "Daddy's here to see you."

I'd like to think he's fucking with my head.

Maybe this asshole just enjoys making me think that my father of all people is here to save me, like every other time I've fucked up. But when I glance up, no sight can terrify me like that. 

Sebastian Becker in his suit staring at me as if I deserve to be disposed of just like every other filthy being in Southside.

"D-Dad?" My voice croaks.

My eyes are wide open but even then I can't believe what's happening. My father is in the same room as that bastard. But he's not afraid, and definitely not like bound with ropes like me. Then how the fuck did he get here? And why?

"Elanora." He stiffly nods. He fucking nods as if we were in his study, just having teas. "It's been a long time."

"Oh, I don't know." I can't stop the bitter retort. He has no right to be here and say that. "You never showed up to pat me on the shoulder when I was leaving for training. So yeah, long fucking time."

I'm rooted on the same cold floor when his eyes blaze in anger. He takes a dangerous step closer to me before stopping near the other asshole behind me. His words are same leveled as he snarls.

"You will not disrespect me like that. I have had enough of your stubbornness." Somewhere between his words, I hear Lorenzo's snicker. Fuck!

"So what? You kidnapped me?" That sounds ridiculous coming from my lips. But what do I know? I'm already starting to see a figure behind my father again. He looks like Fraser, in build and all. But his eyes are different. There's no warmth in them. They are hard as steel as he walks past my father and crunches down to me.

"Kill them. No one should talk to you like that."

Kai.

I'm seeing him again. And surprisingly this time I'm feeling much safer near him then to be near my father and a criminal who just escaped prison for the second time.