Chapter 24

🎵...AND I, I FIGURED IT ALL TO BE LOVE, THIS ISN'T IT LOVELY, ALL ALONE, 

ALL WE KNOW, IS HAUNTING ME, MAKING IT HARDER TO BREATHE, HARDER TO BREATHE, I'M LEAVING TONIGHT...🎵 

***

FRASER

It's her that walks out but it's me who gets pissed.

She needs to stop doing this. Wanting me and then running. I grit a curse back as she doesn't come back even after ten minutes. Was it too much? But she didn't seem to mind. Fuck, she even writhed against me more than she usually did. Then again...she didn't come back to that fucker willingly before, but what's stopping her from going back again?

Fuck.

My feet are taking me to find her before I can clear my head from absurd thoughts. This is what she does. Make me fucking crazy and unstable. Before I can reach the kitchen though, there's a hand on my shoulder. I grin. Almost. 

If not I turned around so quickly with a relieved sigh.

"Where the fuck are you going?" 

I step farther away from the kitchen and to the hall where small lights are coming from. Black hair, hazel hard eyes welcome me in the dark. Shit. 

"Prez?"

He glances over my shoulder and jerks his chin towards his office. "I need to talk to you, Reaper. It's important."

I want to look for Olive but this is Lethal talking about. If he thinks it's important, then it's important, no fucking questions asked. So even if my body is screaming at me to walk into the kitchen to see if she's there, I follow Lethal to his office.

"What the hell?"

I can't hide my surprise. The usual office is almost torn apart. There are files all over the floor, the chairs look like someone kicked them out to the ground, that one big coach near the cabinets looks like it went through a bad fight. Not only that, there are broken beer bottles near the door.

"Prez, what is this-"

"Don't start." He warns kicking a bottle to make space. "It's hard you know. To become a father. I don't want to become like mine but looks like the kid is going to fucking hate me even before it has seen the clubhouse yet."

I don't blame him. It seems like something even I will be worried about. Which might be happening soon if I don't talk to Olive soon. Fuck, I came in her before. I didn't even ask her if she was in pills. Not that I won't be happy if there was little Frasers or Olives running around...shit there's a long talk due.

"Your kid won't hate you, Prez," I assure him. At least he will care for his kid. Lethal's old man is now another story. "You are not your father."

"Yeah, I'm not. That's the fucking problem. He was at least sane enough to raise me until alcohol got into his fucking head. Me on the other hand...If my kid gets my acts then what to say, he wouldn't-" 

"Wouldn't what?" I have a suspension of what he thinks. Even Foxy sometimes blurts out her share of worry. But the Serpents knows enough to shut their trap in front of their Prez.

"Let's just say he got the crazy gene from me. Then what? Will I be able to raise him knowing who I am when the urge to take blood starts? I don't want my kid to become a fucker but that's what will happen in future." He pauses, his jaw clenched. "Even Mag Dog warned me of that."

I swallow hard. No one talks about that fucker anymore. No one. Not even shadows, not the nightmares. 

"You believe that fucker? Fuck, Prez! You know how he was. Manipulation is in his blood, that fucker got into your head. Nothing else-"