Chapter 14

🎵...YOU ARE FASTER THAN YOUR FADING MEMORY, YOU GO FAST THAN YOUR FADING MEMORY,

YOU ARE WHO ARE AND YOU ARE ALWAYS GONNA BE...🎵 

***

FRASER

"I need your help."

The place is shitty, no joke. I think I even see a rat running to wherever it lives once I enter the dark room. The bed is unmade, the corners contain spiders web, the dark curtains only reflect the person living here. Only the person I want to talk doesn't react at all.

"Fucking hell, I said I need your help!"

"And I said I don't know where Snipper is. He doesn't want any of you to know. Just fucking respect that and get lost." Carter's gaze cuts through me like a knife and I wince. I've forgotten all about drunk ramblings of needing Snipper in the club the last time I met Carter in a bar. 

Blame it on the alcohol...or Olive.

Shaking my head, I slump down on the only other furniture in the room other than the bed, a worn down coach. "I'm not here for that. Snipper's gone, I get it."

If only I could sound more believable. In his defense, he doesn't show the pity. He only nods before opening his mouth. "Then what the hell do you need help for?"

I open my mouth to deliver and-stop. How the hell I am going to explain this to him? I fucked a woman and now I want to help her cause you know...I'm not done with her yet? He will laugh at me for hours and then maybe more. 

"You ok, buddy?" He asks when I don't say a thing for a few minutes.

"Yeah, yeah. I need your help in finding some information." He inhales sharply like I have lost my mind.

"And when did I start doing your errands again?" He doesn't sound angry. Not really, just plain old surprised. 

He can refuse me help. I know it. He didn't owe me a thing more than I did to him. But I needed this. He is the only one that can help me right now. Lethal wouldn't understand and Vixen...well after her sister disappeared, I don't think she will want me to do anything other than just be in the club.

"Look, Carter, if I didn't need your help, I wouldn't show my face to you, ok? I fucking need this. Just do-don't refuse me this. I'd do anything."

And true to my words, I will. 

Even if I'm surprised at my own words. Like what the fuck am I doing? 

"Fine, what do you need?" He strides closer to me and I realize that he's holding a pen and notepad. Typical.

"There's this woman named Olivia Becker. She's an FBI agent living with us to catch Lorenzo. Someone threatened her with something she did back in the past. I want you to find out who it is that she's running from." I can't keep the worry from showing. "And also find out what she did in the past if possible. I need every fucking detail."

"No shit." He laughs jotting down everything. "I should have known it was because of a woman."

"Laugh at me all you want, Carter." He laughs harder hearing me. But after a minute he asks a question that snaps me out of what I came here for. 

"So...how's the Serpents? Is there anything worth mentioning?" 

For some reason, I I tell him everything that's been going on with the club. Maybe I do it because I owe him. Or maybe all along I knew that this informations go somewhere important. To someone who was close to us. And the funny thing is no matter what-