Chapter 26

🎵...AND EVEN IF YOU CHOSE TO LOCK THE WORLD AWAY, IF I LISTEN CLOSE,

I CAN ALMOST HEAR YOU SAY, ONCE I WAS REAL, ONCE I HAD SOMETHING TO LOSE...🎵 

***

FRASER

I don't make it to the clubhouse or to Carter's where I originally wanted to go to find her. Instead, I'm face to face with a someone I'm not expecting to see this soon. His face is unreadable. Though even I know what he is thinking by the way his knuckles whiten.

"Reaper, what the fuck-"

"I need to find her." I cut him off. He doesn't like it. "Like right now."

He shakes his head, grunting. "Right now the Serpents need you, brother. That woman can take care of herself."

I'm not even surprised how he knows it. Of course, he has been trailing all of us since Lorenzo escaped. But he didn't see the look on her face when she left the room. The initial fear of the unknown was clear on her green eyes which I should have caught before she even left. Fuck, I should have stopped her.

It's not too late, dumbass.

Yeah, yeah.

"Are you freaking hearing what I'm saying!?" Snipper yells, his narrowing gaze is hard to ignore. "You need to go and help them. Lorenzo has his men everywhere. What the fcuk were you thinking?"

"I was not thinking." I end up giving him a barely there grin. "You would know something about that or two, yes?"

That shuts him up. Even he knows that I'm right. But I don't expect him to jerk his chin towards his bike which I even failed to notice at a first glance. It was the same bike he always used when we used to go for a ride. He has been in the clubhouse. A thing Lethal will be pissed for when he knows...if he knows at all.

"Prez will kill you for that one," I grumble starting my own bike.

He flashes me a smirk. "No kidding. Come on, brother. Your woman is safe. I sent Kitty after her. I wouldn't tell you to go back if I wouldn't know that she's safe." 

Kitty?

"Gwen?" I ask.

He laughs gripping the handle. "Yup. Now let me show you the road to the warehouse. It's going to be fucking chaos in an hour."

In the end, he leaves me near an alley close to the warehouse where already chaos has started. Cause the moment, I enter the house Lethal is on me immediately with his jaw clenched tightly. 

"Where the fuck you disappeared to!?" 

"I got into trouble on the way." A blunt lie. But there's nothing he can do to counter me. 

"Is that so?" He guesses, snarling. "Just let the fucker be caught, you and I going to have a long chat."

He's only playing.

The only thing he's angry at is the fucker. 

So getting the gun out, I humor him. "Fucking pep talk? Yeah, can't wait, Prez." 

Walking farther I spot two guards with guns, a pathetic prep in their steps. It doesn't take us long to take them out. I hear the sound of gunshots somewhere near me, making Lethal look at me with the signal.

Split, divide, conquer.

We do. He goes to the left where I go to the right. This side of the warehouse is darker, and more figure lurks in the shadow. The moment I take a step though, there's a heavyweight thrown at me. Fuck, someone jumped at me. Whoever the bastard is, swings his fists nearly taking my eyes out.