Chapter 6

🎵...I'M TOO ALIVE, I'M TOO ALIVE TO BE OUT YOUR LIFE, LOOK IN MY EYES,

LOOK IN MY EYES, TELL ME NO MORE...🎵 

***

FRASER

Out of all the bastards I know, Lorenzo Vedi seems like belong to a totally different species. He isn't proud of who he is, but not foolish enough to let everyone use that weakness working against him. So, it's not a surprise that he would rather escape from jail than suffer in scrutiny. Some would call him a coward, I see that as what any of us would do.

Not that I give a damn. I only once worked for him. A little side business that went to downhill when not even a month later the place was raided by cops. He ran like hell to Eastside, we went our own ways with no intention to ever do business with him. I joined the Serpent's, my boys left town. 

Good time.

When I reach the bar, Lethal is already there, taking a shot of vodka with a scrawl in his face. Foxy is near the poker table arguing with Xavier the ass and for the new addition-

She's sitting alone and watching everything fold in front of her. Last night I didn't get to see her much but now in the light, I savor the mystery woman's face in my mind. She has greenish eyes, the color matching her little button down shirt. Her honey blonde hair is in a messy bun, not like last night, tumbling over her shoulders. She looks at Lethal with a frown but the moment her eyes turn to me, I turn my back and walk to Lethal who has finally noticed me.

"You good, Prez?" I ask him feeling a gaze behind me, burning my already fucked up mind. Maybe Lethal notices or doesn't but his eyes narrow anyway.

"No, I am not. Another body turned up near the dock. Tucker thinks it's the fucker's job." Another? Fucking hell.

"You want anything done?" I don't sound too dreadful at least. Even if I'm dying to get a hand on the fucker. A fucking clue. Anything.

He takes a second to answer. Almost as if he's hoping what he says will be a lie. "Words has in the streets that Lorenzo is gathering people on his behalf. Helping people of HellRide from prison. Not that I believe this shit but that asshole...Carter said he was offered a damn good money to help him with something."

"The cop knows anything about that?" I don't know why I ask. My head screams for me to turn back and stare at her, but the rational part of me knows it will be called for trouble. 

He shakes his head sighing. His gaze even flickers over my head for a second before he looks at me. "I didn't want to give this kind of information to the cop without knowing if it's real. She can be giving out information outside of our club for all I know. Only me and Vixen know." 

"Ok, that's good. Do you want me to call Carter?" 

"No need." He fishes out something from his pocket. Only then I notice that it's a card. A business card to be exact. "Carter left this last night. Apparently one of them fucked up and now is locked inside in one of their warehouses. We gotta take him here for some talking. I'd ask for everyone to be present but I want this to be discreet. They know me, you know Hawk is unstable right now after what happened to Bob...Foxy will fucking kill him, I can't send Vixen now-not after-"

I nod. Of course, I know. "I will do it, Prez."

"Good thing they didn't see you before so it's hardly possible that they will recognize you. Rider and Tucker will be with you though. Just don't fuck it up, ok?" He sounds grateful and for the first time, I notice the dark lines under his eyes. He's not getting enough sleep and being paranoid all the time. Not that any of us aren't. The least I can do is get the job done.