Chapter 28

🎵...YOU CAN'T BELIEVE STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT, YOU LEFT IN PEACE LEFT ME IN PIECES,

TOO HARD TO BREATH, I'M ON MY KNEES RIGHT NOW...🎵 

***

FRASER

I've never known what withdrawal feels like. 

If I was short on alcohol, fucking someone was a replacement to that problem. If that's wasn't possible then there was the fight in the arena. If someone refused to fight, there were errands to run for Prez, people to teach lessons. The bottom line is...I always had a choice.

But with her, I don't.

I don't know when she is going to turn her back. I don't know what she thinks half of the time. I don't even fucking know if she's capable to take me in when I'm already hooked to her. She made me crave every part of her without warning, without taking my permission. 

Control.

Fuck, she has driven the damn thing out of me. 

She opens one eye, glancing at where she is before her attention turns to me. There's something in her eyes today. She's too quiet, too tired to hide her emotions. She watches me warily as a whisper leaves her lips. 

"Did you meant what you said yesterday?"

"Which part?" I wonder aloud. "We said a lot of things."

She inhales deeply, but oxygen isn't the thing she wants. It's my fucking breath she takes. "About to be there for me. Always." 

"Yeah, I did." 

She doesn't believe me. Even before she says a thing, I see it in her eyes. Like every time I have to repeat myself.

"You know I do, Olive. Don't fucking doubt me. Ever."

For the time being she nods, but for how long? How the fuck can I drive the doubt from her head? Gritting my teeth, I have to wait before she responds.

"I don't want to." She admits with glassy eyes. "But I can't help it. Something's wrong with me. I-I can't think. I can't fucking see. I'm hallucinating my dead...I don't know what's wrong." 

Wrong...

"Then I will help you. I will. I swear." It's the wrong thing to say. But isn't that our thing? Always wrong on this or that point. "What do you want me to do?"

"Just-Just trust me. Can you do that?"

I fucking nod. I will gladly kill for her if she tells me to. "Fuck, anything for you."

It's a dangerous concept. But fuck if I care.

"Then, I need to tell you something." 

Whatever hell she is going to say...it's bad news. Her eyes flash in worry that she has to try three times before she can open her goddamn mouth. Maybe she will finally tell me that it was a fucking mistake. Maybe she's not ready yet. Lethal certainly thought so.

"I am driving Lorenzo to the prison today."

That, however, stops whatever wild thoughts were running through my head.

"You will what!?" I simply think I heard wrong. She couldn't be going there all alone now, will she? "Who the fuck gave you that ridiculous idea?"

She shrugs touching the wound on my shoulder, following the pattern. "The director told me to pick him up from the headquarters. Then get the mission files and my suspension letter."