52 ; robbie

Chapter Fifty Two: Robbie

It took every bit of energy in Sirius's body to not burst into a fit of hysterics then and there.

With the amount of rage he had suppressed in the past few days, he was surprised himself by his calm composure. He closed his eyes and counted to ten.

Remus was captured.

Remus was captured and Marlene wanted to keep it from him.

Remus was captured and Dumbledore knew it.

Remus was captured and Sirius had to do something.

But what could he do? He had no idea where Remus could have gone. Have the death eaters gone to his father's house and taken both of them? But from what he could gather from Nathan and Marlene's conversations, it was perhaps only Remus who has been taken. Regardless, he couldn't be sure.

He would have to make sure.

Sirius feigned sleep and eavesdropped on his friends, not feeling the slightest ounce of guilt. Unfortunately, he couldn't gather any useful information, for they simply argued over whether to tell Sirius or not. In the end, he tuned them out and began to brainstorm what he knew.

Remus was now in captivity of the death eaters. It was highly unlikely that he would be captured from Lyall's home, for he doubted the death eaters could have tracked them there. So that only left two possibilities – that Remus has gone to Moonwood, or he has ventured into a wizarding community.

A cold fist closed over Sirius's heart. Would Remus really be that dumb? It could very well be expected from him, but not from Remus. Why would he go to Moonwood? And if he has gone to a wizarding community, could it be possible that it was an accident? That he did not know where he was, and has accidentally stepped foot amidst a crowd of death eaters, who may have recognised him from their previous encounters?

Whatever the cause was for his capture, one thing was certain – that Remus was in grave danger.

Sirius shifted slightly on his hammock when he heard the sound of footsteps approaching his room. He let out a low snore for good measure.

It was Nathan who spoke. "Sirius?"

He felt a hand over his shoulder, rocking him slightly.

"Are you awake?"

He groaned a little and opened his eyes. Nathan stood over him, biting his lips, and behind him was Marlene, who looked just about ready to cry. With surprising indifference he didn't know he possessed, Sirius moved to a sitting position. He looked at his friends impassively. "What is it?"

"There's something I need to tell you," said Nathan. He was wary, cautious, as though expecting Sirius to explode into a thousand pieces any moment. Marlene continued to drill holes into the back of her brother's head.