author's note ii

Well this is awkward.

Hello, dear readers *waves sheepishly*

It's been like, a year? since I've updated this book and I would like to say a few words to you all

This is probably going to be a pretty long chapter, but I'd really appreciate it if you read the whole thing.

First of all, I want to thank each and every one of you who have read this book. This is probably one of my first books on this account (which is mainly why I used to update this book so much when it had a few chapters, because I had no other books to write) and the fact that it has over 50 chapters is a huge achievement for me because I really really struggle with completing books. Most of my completed books are short books, so it didn't take much to complete them. But Shelter has a very elaborate plot which needs sufficient planning, so I'm really proud to have reached this far.

Also, it has nearly 21.7k reads which is? just? so? amazing? I remember I used to thank you in little author's notes at the end of chapters when I reached 1k or 2k reads, and 21.7k is just simply gigantic compared to that. So thank you all for reading and showing your support!

Next, about the updates. I know I haven't updated this book in over a year, and I usually don't apologise for not updating because I'm a human just like you and I don't sit in front of a computer all day waiting to pop out chapters every once in a while. I have a life, I have exams, I have insecurities. But I have to admit I may have crossed the line just a tiny little bit with this book.

The thing is, I'm not entirely happy with it. The idea isn't mine. If you remember, I have given credits to another user at the beginning of this book, as I have adopted this plot from her plot shop. And writing other people's plots is generally harder than writing your own, as the idea isn't originally yours so it may not be compatible with your brain.

But I do love the plot. I didn't take this plot on impulse, I thought about it, made some plans, and only took it when I was a hundred percent sure that I really wanted to write it.

Regardless, it's getting difficult for me to write this plot.

Don't worry, I won't discontinue it. It's just that it's an AU. There are a few major, and I mean major, canon changes and since JK Rowling has weaved the entire franchise so intricately, I'm sure you can guess how one change can alter the entire story so marvelously. And I'm just so overwhelmed by all of this. This book needs some major planning, but since I'm a panster by heart, Shelter is quite literally messing with my head.

Also, 2018 has been quite a rough year for me. I sat for my A levels during May/June, then as soon as they were over, I had to attend university admission classes up until September. And from September to November, I had to sit for university admission tests. I also participated in NaNoWriMo this November. Then, I had to prepare for SAT, which I attended on the 1st of December. Afterwards, the entire month of December was spent writing college essays.

And I'm not joking when I say that I haven't written a single chapter throughout the entirety of 2018, apart from NaNoWriMo book. I had terrible writer's block, my head was jammed with Physics and Chemistry and Biology and Maths and worries about my future and writing wasn't just among my top priorities. I even uninstalled Wattpad for about two months because it was too much of a distraction.

Anyway, the conclusion is that I wasn't ignoring this book. I was ignoring Wattpad altogether, and all of my other books. The only book I ever updated was my random book and that's it.

However, I'm planning to start writing Shelter soon. NaNoWriMo was hectic for me, but I forced myself to write and somehow it has destroyed my writer's block. I had a dry phase in writing throughout the year, but I have started writing again and thankfully I am able to write about 2k words each day without it feeling forced.

But, I have ten unfinished books as of now, and I have decided not to worry about all of them together as it only causes more mess. Currently, I'm updating only one book (the Harry Potter one, so while you're waiting for updates here, why not read that one wink wink) and another Sirius Black one which I'm updating less frequently, but I'm updating. All the other books will be on hold for now.

Now, as Shelter has remained unupdated for so long, I thought that it would only be fair if I focus on this too, along with the aforementioned ones. I actually do feel terrible as I don't think any author has ever kept a book on hold for this long, and I did end this book on a rather huge cliffhanger, didn't I? Lmao I'm sorry.

Anyway, as I said, it's an AU, and therefore, pretty difficult to write. It will probably have some plot holes, but I have decided to ignore them for the time being and continue writing it. Maybe, once it's finished, I will go back to edit, or even rewrite this book. So kindly bear with me.

But let's not worry about that now.

So the conclusion of this long winded and somewhat self centered chapter is that I will start updating this book soon. I will have to go back and reread some of the previous chapters though, so it may take a while. But I promise I will get a chapter out.

And once one is out, you can remain assured that there will be more coming.

So, I'm sorry for not updating in over a year, and for keeping you on the cliffhanger. And thank you all for staying with me nonetheless. I would be nowhere without you. I seriously love getting votes and comments, they always make my day. And even if you are a ghost reader, remember that I still appreciate you because what matters to me more than the numbers is that people are actually enjoying my books.

Thank you and I love you all <3

And a shout out to violet_storm for the beautiful cover!