Carbonated Christmas

It's that time of year~

The time when chestnuts roast on an open fire,

lights decorate the streets and set a wistful glow upon the night covered in layers of white crystals.

It's also a time for gift giving-

even if you don't know what gifts to give...
~~~

"You've gotta help me Kusuo! Read your mother's mind so I can get her gift!"

The teen glances up from his book and deepens his frown. 'You haven't gotten her one yet?' The father sweats nervously. "I-I was waiting for the perfect time! Perfection can't be rushed!" 'It's Christmas Eve'.' The man waves his arms around frantically. "J-Just tell me!"

The son looks back at his book. 'You're the husband, you should know what she wants.' His father grumbles with all the gruff of a Scrooge and stalks away with a 'humph'. The doorbell suddenly rings it's sweet sound, startling the mother of the house.

She rushes to the door with flour adoring her apron, her usual sweet smile growing at the sight of the guest. "Y/n! I'm so glad you could make it!" The (h/c)-nette smiles with rose flushed in his cheeks. "Hello Mrs. Saiki! Thank you for having me! My parents really appreciate it!"

The young male steps through the door with a bag slung over his shoulder and shakes his head, sending a flurry of small crystals sailing to the ground. "I hope you don't mind, I brought some of my mother's cherry cobbler! She said she wouldn't send me over without something to give back!"

The woman smiles warmly and accepts the ceramic bowl. "Well thank you! I'm sure it's delicious!" She walks back to the kitchen leaving the teen to shed the rest of his layers.

Clad in his woolen socks, Y/n walks into the living room with a package in hand, a smile lighting up his face at the sight of his boyfriend. "Merry Christmas Eve, Kusuo!" The pink haired boy smiles slightly at the foreseen greeting. 'Merry Christmas Eve, Y/n.'

The teen grins wider and walks to the tall tree and slips the neatly wrapped present under the tree. Kuniharu comes barreling down the stairs with his scarf pulled tightly around his neck. "Kurumi dear?~" he croons sweetly. His wife peeks her head from the kitchen. "Yes?"

He places his hands in her shoulder and turns her to the coat rack. "We're going shopping!" She blinks. "But dear! I have to finish dinner-" "And I need to finish shopping! Chop, chop lets go!" Kurumi quickly pulls on her coat.

"O-Oh! Bye boys!" As she gets pushed through the door, a smaller figure squeezes past and runs to the living room. "Cyborg Cider Man! Cyborg Cider Man!" A small boy comes barreling into the room and hops into a grimacing Kusuo's lap.

"My momma said I could spend the night with you! Isn't that great?!" Y/n looks up from the tree and gazes with confusion at the small boy. "Your momma?" Saiki scoffs and tries to remove the child. "Ooh, Kusuo Saiki! I didn't know you were such a player~" 'Shut up Y/n'

The boy trails his big green eyes over to the other teen and squeals with glee. "No way! Y-You're Cola Canon Master!" The boy jumps from the lap and into the shocked teens arms. The teen sweatdrops. "H-Huh? Who?" The boys eyes shimmer with excitement. "Don't be silly, Cola Canon Master! You're the carbonated hero that helps Cyborg Cider Man! You shoot carbonated balls of cola out of your hands!"

The teen smiles with puzzlement, a question mark practically floating above his head. 'Wow, Y/n. I had no idea you were so majestic.' Y/n snorts. "Quiet Cyborg Cider Man." The boy jumps down from the arms holding him and tugs the two teen to the couch, pulling out a small disk from his bag as the sit. "Look, look! I brought your Christmas special! We can watch it now!"