𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓟𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓽

(The two ideas may not go together well but don't judge me, it was an experiment )
~~~

I woke to my alarm blaring in my ear, beckoning me to the world of the conscious. I blearily open my eyes and scrub at them as I sit up. I sigh and pull myself up to my mirror. I look at my disheveled form with disgust and pull on my uniform hastily. I clamber down my stairs only to be met with a strange smell wafting from our kitchen.

I pull myself through the door only to find my dad and step-mom happily chatting away as my, ahem, "sister" reads her phone happily at the counter. I stand in there doorway and let out a huff, signaling my arrival to the kitchen. My father looks up. "Heya Y/n! Ready for breakfast?" He holds up a plate of a sickly green something. "Your mom made it!" I snort and weave around the plate and grab some bread from the cabinet, popping it into the toaster after. I watch him deflate and place the plate back on the counter.

I scroll through my notifications as I wait for my toast to pop from the toaster. "So Y/n-my son- it's so weird to call you that, tehe!" I flick my eyes up from my phone to meet the eyes of Alexandra, my ugh, mother. "How have your pills been treating you? Good? Bad?" My eyes widen for a split second. "H-How did you know about my pills?" She lets a small smile come to her face. "Well hun, I am your mom-"

Ding!

My toast pops from the toaster and I hastily grab it and put it on to a plate and scrape the chair loudly against the ground to drown out their attempts to soothe me. They all awkwardly grab their own food and take their seats, conversations starting up between them. "...with Thanksgiving coming along I might pull out some of these old recipes I found." "What recipes?" She stops abruptly as I interrupt her. "Oh-Uh these ones." She stands from her spot and pulls out an old worn book. My eyes narrow and I snatch the book from her hands. "No. These are off limits."

She blinks in surprise. "Wh-Why?" My father stands up and places a hand on her shoulder. "Come on Y/n, don't you think it's time to move on...?" I carefully put the book in my bag and throw a glare over my shoulder. "I have moved on! Th-This is just not right!" His grip on her shoulders tighten. "Why can't she use it? It's our families-" I stop him with my hand. "Not our family, my mothers family." I hear I snicker from beside me. "Is Y/n missing his mommy?" I whip my head around to see a slightly smirking Lyla, nails tapping obnoxiously on her phone.

My hand creeps over to her plate and I knock it to the floor, sending a loud crash to ring throughout our tension filled kitchen. My father raises his voice. "Y/n M/n L/n! Apologize to your mother and sister." I throw my bag back in my shoulder as they pursue me to the door. "I would..." I let one of my eyes peek from beneath my bangs. "But they're not my family." Their mouths drop as I slam the door behind me and I sprint to school, tears prickling at the back of my eyes.

I end up running all the way to my class, practically throwing myself into my seat. I go by unnoticed as students continue their lively chatter, smiles warm despite the chilling air outside. My eyes travel down to my bag, my heart warming fondly as I pull out the worm leather book. My hands carefully pull open the cover and I smile as I notice my mother's handwriting.

𝒯𝑜 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓀𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃,

𝐼 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓁𝓁 𝑔𝑜 𝒻𝒶𝓇, 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒! 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝒹𝓈 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓈 𝓈𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓈, 𝓈𝑜 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉! 𝒩𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝑔𝑜 𝑜𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈!