Chapter XIX: Stories of the City

3 years ago

"Why?"

That was all what Dahyun could utter when Sana told her she want to break up.

Both are standing on the dark street under the light of the street post as Dahyun stares at her beloved who's now slipping away.  

"You dont mean that right?" Dahyun asked, looking for answers in Sana's eyes.  Her head spinning  from questions and her heart beating. She refused to believe it.

Sana looked at her and how she wished she would take those words back but she didn't.
"This is all wrong. We should stop this."

That phrase enough filled her eyes with tears. She wiped her tears and breath in "Where did I go wrong Sana?"

"No...I-I dont mean that,"  Sana said as she looked down, unable to look straight on the latter's face, "It's just.. It's my fault. Everything's my fault, Dahyunnie. I'm sorry."

Dahyun clenched her fist as she looked away and wiped the tears on her cheeks.

"I'm Sorry." Sana muttered again but Dahyun doesn't wanna hear it.

The younger looked at Sana and held both of her hands as she look at her with softer eyes, "I love you, I love you Sana. Let's start again. I'll forget about this, promise."

"No..." Sana said as she gripped tightly Dahyun's wrist, "No Dahyun. I've got enough of what I've done, I don't deserve you.  Don't say that, it breaks my heart when I hear you saying things like that. I don't want to be unfair to you anymore."

"Unnie, why? why did you fell out of love with me?" Dahyun said between sobs as she hugged Sana, gripping on her back, "Is something wrong with me?"

It was then Sana looked at Dahyun again,  "Nothing's wrong with you. and I didn't fell out of love with you, Dahyunnie."

"It's just I've been loving Tzuyu all along." Sana said stating the truth.

Upon hearing Sana, Her legsfelt weak as she sats down on the floor.  Sana finally said it. She knew it, she knew that Sana had always her eyes fixed on Tzuyu. She saw how the calm Sana would get angry over Tzuyu, She saw how this kind and unbothered person become restless when it comes to her. Tzuyu has always had a special part in Sana's heart. Long before she came, Tzuyu had dug her way to Sana's heart and she never left there.

But even though she expects the pain, 

It didn't hurt less.

"I love Tzuyu, no one but her. I've been lying to myself.. all this time." Sana said as she looked at Dahyun, and Dahyun swore it wasn't the same look when Sana says she loves her, it's full of love and so natural that it makes Dahyun chest hurt even more,

She looked down, trying to find answers.. trying to think what might've gone wrong or what she did-- but there's nothing. It's just that Since the beginning, Sana never loved her.

she felt as if she's drowning.

"You love her? Then, What about me Unnie? I... love you. When you tell me that you have been loving her all this time...Where was I?"

Sana then looked down, ashamed.  "You deserve someone who'll love you with all their heart."

She then turned her back from Dahyun as her last image of her is her head looking down with drops of tears on the ground. Dahyun wanted to fight-- but it's hopeless. She can't fight for someone who won't fight for her.  Worst part it, Sana did it so gently.. so kindly that she can't even resent her.