Chapter III. Begin again

'I knew I loved you then,

But you'd never know.'

We all have that moments when we fall in love secretly, Some have hid it for years. and some showed it in a matter of seconds.

Some people ended up being happy and some people ended up getting hurt. But for Chaeyoung, Getting hurt doesn't mean it already ended.

4 years ago

"Who's that girl you're looking at?" Chaeyoung snapped out from dazing when Sana asked her, "someone you know?"

She immediately looked away as if she's guilty. Sana turned and looked again at the girl sitting in a bench almost five meters away from what they're sitting.

"She's beautiful." Sana turned to Chaeyoung and gave her a cheeky smile, "Your crush?"

Chaeyoung looked at Sana and tried to be calm but her cheeks are red as apples, "I often saw her this week on basketball court whenever Jeongyeon-unnie and I played. She was always sketching something."

"Really?" Jihyo smiled, "Then what? have you talked to her?"

Chaeyoung shook her head, "Nope. but I got to carry her once."

Sana can see the hint of excitement in young Chaeyoung as she said that.

"She was prettier up close." As chaeyoung said this, she bit her lip and her cheeks turned tint.

"I left her with a drink and a towel there, and when i came back. She left a note." Chaeyoung giggled as she felt butterflies in her stomach, "but I don't know where I left it. It was gone."

Sana pats her head, "Don't be down chae. Maybe, you just need to talk to her!"

Chaeyoung bit her lip and looked at Sana, "really? I should? what if she thinks I'm creepy or a weirdo or a ---"

"It's fine chae. You're pretty, I know she'll like you. and besides, maybe the reason why she's always in the basketball club practice is so she can watch you."

Chaeyoung tried to muster up her courage and tried to talk to that beautiful girl with that long reddish silky hair, thin lips and serene eyes. Every step took a lot of courage.

As she slowly walk in the bench where the girl is at, She saw the girl's sketchbook on the floor.  She picks up the sketch pad and saw the drawing on it.

and she didn't know that picking up that sketch pad will be the cause of her first heartbreak.

--------------------------------

"How can I unlove you?"

It was a pretty stupid question to ask, Nayeon thought but it still breaks her heart seeing Jeongyeon's expression. Her reaction wasn't shocked, shaken or confused. She was calm and straight faced and it clear as day to the latter that she wasn't swayed by Nayeon's sudden outburst.

"What are you spouting about?" Jeongyeon asked and turned her head away which broke Nayeon even more. It's proven that this is another rejection but still, Nayeon grabbed the latter's arms and doesn't let go, "Jeongyeon, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I won't say it again."

Nayeon's tears continued on falling. Desperately apologizing she continued on gripping on the brunette's arms. Despite being the one completely hurt and rejected, she was still afraid that Jeongyeon won't talk to her anymore. She was afraid that Jeongyeon will turn cold again just like 3 years ago and ignore her like she doesn't exist. She knows it was pretty stupid, but she can't live without her.She can't live without talking to her, calling her and seeing her smile. It was everything she lived for these past 3 years.