Chapter VIII: Time and changes

6 years ago

Jeongyeon had often see that girl, Nayeon-- as everyone would call her having this silly grin on her face or lighting up the whole hallways with her bright aura. She's a girl everyone loved.
Jeongyeon knows that their completely different yet somehow since she saw her crying on the streets that night, she always had her eyes on her. They passed by each other like nothing happened but a part of Jeongyeon had changed.

Regardless, Today was bit different from the normal 'Nayeon'. She was smiling of course-- but it doesn't reach her eyes, it wasn't that lovely genuine smile Jeongyeon always stared at.

"who are you staring at, unnie?" Chaeyoung asked jeongyeon as she looked over to see who's the latter so focused, only to see it was actually Im Nayeon standing near by the lockers with two other students.
"Oh.. Im Nayeon?" Chaeyoung turned to jeongyeon and smiled slyly.
"w-what?" Jeongyeon said as she rubbed the back of her neck and averted her eyes, "I'm looking at nothing."
"Look who's guilty." Chaeyoung chuckled, "You have a crush on her?"

"Heck N-no! I mean we're both girls!" Jeongyeon answered hesistantly.

"yeah and so? stop acting like you're straight." chaeyoung laughed.

"Well.. uh.. we're different, and i'm just curious!" Jeongyeon said.

"ahh.. wae?" Chaeyoung asked as she furrowed her eyebrows looking at Nayeon.

"Nothing, she just looks a bit down today."

"She's laughing though." Chaeyoung though.

"hey hey, what's happening here?" Sana came towards them and asked the younger, putting her arms around the smaller.

"hyung said that Nayeon looks a bit down."

"jinja?" Sana tilted her head, "Ya! Im Nayeon!"

Jeongyeon sitffened up as Sana calls her and almost covered her up but tried to act cool. Nayeon turned her head and look at them and gave her usual friendly smile, "what is it?"

"Jeongyeon here!" Sana shouted poiting on Jeongyeon, "Yoo jeongyeon--"

Because of how visible Jeongyeon's nervousness at that moment, Chaeyoung can't help but laugh. Jeongyeon pinched her secretly as she stayed quiet and awkwardly stand there as Sana kept on pointing at her and Nayeon, including two girls she's with, is staring at her.

"This jeongyeon thinks you're a bit down today!" Sana exclaimed.

Nayeon froze a bit--- as if, Jeongyeon hits the bull's eye, she looks at the latter. No one had ever noticed how she felt down, she thinks she had it covered up, why does jeongyeon can see through her?

Sana chukled and pats Jeongyeon, she leaned down as whisphered to the football captain, "Say some encouragement."

Jeongyeon didn't falter though as Sana exclained for everyone to hear, "Jeongyeon will say words of encouragement to you."

"W-what?" Jeongyeon really wnat to beat Sana up.

"What is it?" Nayeon asked as she smiled kindly looking at Jeongyeon, and as they make eye contact, jeongyeon averted her eyes feeling her cheeks burning up.

"Come on tell her!" Sana laughed.

Jeongyeon looked down as she quietly but audibly said, "Cheer up."

XX-----------------------------------XX

"Mina!" The three turned around when they heard a familiar voice coming towards them, "and Nayeon?"