CHAPTER XVII: Movie Scene

"Nayeon!" Nayeon walks faster without stopping despite the desperate calls from the person running after her. The struggle while walking on the soft sand doesn't even affect her but her heart feels even more heavier everytime she felt the cold wind blowing from the sea—as if, it's reminding her momo's words.

"Just because I'm not good with this poetic shit—doesn't mean I couldn't love just as hard!"

Of course, she had taken Momo lightly all this time. The woman was there in these past three years when she's on her worst—holding her hair back when she's throwing up from Bulimia, making momo's shirt her tissue everytime she cries, waking her up with her coffee and breakfast in bed in the mornings and even cooking for her in the evening.

This past three years.. she wouldn't had changed without Momo's help. She's her sun. She told her the truth—but why can't she stop wanting Jeongyeon?

"Nayeon!!"

Finally, Jeongyeon was able to stop Nayeon as she grabbed her left arm. She turned Nayeon to face her, as she stops when she sees tears falling down from Nayeon.

"What's wrong?" Jeongyeon asked feeling her heart break on the sight of Nayeon's tears.

With Lips quivering, Nayeon looked down shaking her head. Momo's words shattered her heart into pieces and like broken pieaces of glass—guilt wounds her everytime she looks at Jeongyeon.

Nayeon feels her throat closing up, "Momo.. she left me, she's angry... I don't know what to do anymore... "

Jeongyeon's grip on her arm tightened, "I'm still here Nayeon, for you. Even when all of them disappears... I'll be here for you."

Nayeon bit her lip as she looked at Jeongyeon. Bitter feelings starts rising up.

"Jeongyeon," Nayeon says, "You can't expect me to believe that, right? Not when the love you gave me before just disappeared."

Jeongyeon stopped as she looked down. Seeing the hate on Nayeon's eyes made her feel like some sort of criminal. Guilt starts to eat her up.

"That's the problem there, Nayeon. It didn't disappear, even when I decided to break up with you."

Amidst of tears, Nayeon yells, "Then why?! Why did you break up with me? All this time, I've been blaming myself non-stop. Asking if something's wrong with me, if I had done something wrong—or why am I not enough?"

Jeongyeon's eyes starts to soften as she looked at Nayeon, "How can you not be enough when you give so much love? Nayeon, you were more than enough. It's just that— I was scared."

"Scared?" Nayeon shakes her head, "of what?!"

"I was scared—of hurting you." Jeongyeon says, "when we were together, you would always cry and I don't know what to do to make you happy. I would hurt you when all this time I just want you to smile, I start getting scared. Nayeon, when we were together, all the emotions always on high, we were too happy and too sad, there's no in between. I started to get tired and get scared. I thought that if we go back to being friends—then it'll be better for both of us."

Nayeon rubs both of her hands on her face as tears came flowing from her eyes to her cheeks. She hates how Jeongyeon always manages to make her cry, when she set herself up to be strong. Of course, Nayeon knows this. What Jeongyeon had said is true, when they're together—it's an emotional rollercoaster, either too happy or too sad. But it hurts badly when Jeongyeon tells her the truth. That it's tiring to be with her.

"I was scared too." Nayeon says, "Do you know how much I pictured you leaving me or when other women talks to you, I was scared that you'll be with me. I was scared that like my dad, you'll stop loving me."