Chapter 9

Our lips are less than an inch away when there's a knock on my door. "Ignore it." I say as Calum shifts awkwardly. The knocking only becomes louder and faster. I groan as I stand up and walk over the door.

I open it, cutting off the knocks. "What the hell-" I stop when see who it is.

"Danielle!" my old friend shouts at me. I haven't seen him in years since he moved back to Ireland.

"Charlie, is that you?" Of course its him. Who else has an adorable Irish accent like him?

"Yeah. I was visiting and I heard you were having a party so I thought I would come." he says. I hug him for like five seconds and quickly remove myself from him.

"Well, enjoy the party. I'm kinda busy right now but I guess we could catch up on things tomorrow or something?"

"Actually I'm moving back here to finish high school and go to college so we have plenty of time to talk about what's happened in the past eight years." he informs me.

"Yeah, I'll see you around then." The almost kiss with Calum and reuniting with Charlie sobered me up a bit. I need to drink more.

Charlie leaves and I close the door. "Who was that?" Calum asks as he drinks more.

"Just an old friend. You should slow down on the beer though." I tell him.

"No. I wouldn't have the guts to kiss you if I was sober." He's only saying this because he's drunk, don't get attached.

"You wanna get back to where we were?" I bite my lip.

"I would be honoured to."

Calum stands in front of me and places his hands on my hips. I put my hands on his shoulders and trust me since I'm not as drunk as him right now I'm kinda over thinking this. I would be his first kiss. I can't ruin this for him. He said he liked someone else though.

"I gotta go check on my chickens." I lie.

"You have chickens?" he asks.

"All unicorns do."

I slowly walk out of the room and close the door behind me. I'm an idiot! I ruined the moment and was to afraid to kiss him. I'm Dani Morel for goodness sake! A lot of boys will kill to just talk to me every day. I can get anyone I want but I can't kiss Calum.

I go to my backyard since that's the safest place right now. I walk all the way to the horse stables. I go into Sapphire's stall and pet her. "Do you know anything about kissing boys?" I ask the horse.

"Your horse might not but I do." Luke says behind me. To be honest, he's kinda creeping me out on how he's popping up everywhere.

"What are you doing in here?"

"I was sitting on the hay thinking before you came in here but you just didn't seem to notice me." he answers.

"What were you thinking about?" I like being nosy sometimes.

"Why you don't want to get back with me. I don't deserve you and I want to give up but I feel like I shouldn't. When I was leaving my house I heard my dad talking to your mum though." he informs me.

"They were probably talking about the companies."

"No, they were talking about us. Dani, our parents are forcing us to be together now."

"They can't do that!" I shriek.

"But they can. They'll force and bribe us to get back together."

"Before I can even think about being forced to be happy with you... why the hell did you cheat on me?" I need answers!

"My hormones took over me. I was drunk one night at a dinner party with my parents and Chloe was there and then stuff happened. Then I told her stuff that made her all clingy to me and she got the wrong idea." he explains.