CHAPTER SIXTY

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛʏ

THE FAMILY DAY AT the beach had went amazing for everyone. The girls — who the boys had informed of the plan the day before after finishing it — and boys offered for them to watch Willow as Jordan and Hayden went off for a romantic walk on the beach. They got all dressed up and they walked out of the house, everyone following after them about ten minutes later when they knew they'd be a good distance away from the house they rented for the weekend.

     Jordan interlocked his and Hayden's fingers, swinging their hands back and forth. "Hayden, look at that sunset." Jordan whispered. Hayden looked up from watching her toes sink into the sand, cuddling her blanket. She smiled gently. Jordan turned his head to look at his girlfriend. He noticed every little thing about her in that moment. Of course, he had done it before one time when they were lying in bed and she was fast asleep with her front towards him. He noticed the shape of her lips, the freckles high on her cheekbones, the long length of her eyelashes, and how she always had to have her hair straightened or else she would die. Hayden looked at him and he smiled, turning back around.

     When they got to a right spot in the center of the beach that had coincidentally cleared out, Jordan pulled on Hayden's arm and they stopped. Jordan let out a shaky breath. Here goes nothing, he thought. He grabbed Hayden's hands and kissed her knuckles, Hayden beginning to get confused as to what was happening.

     "Hayden Sol Flores, since the day I first met you in that table read room, I have been in love with you. I'm in love with every single thing there is to Hayden Flores. I don't know what I did to deserve such a love that you have continued to give me, every second of every day, for the past three and almost a half years. You make me happier than I have ever could've possibly thought I could be and if you let me, I want to try my hardest to make you feel the same every single day of the rest of our lives. Hayden Flores, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life. I never thought I could ever love a girl after you, but I do. And her name is Willow Mae Connor — our daughter. We — we have a daughter," Jordan sobbed lightly with a bright grin, crying. Hayden had began to cry too, but instead of wiping her own tears, she wiped his.

     Jordan let out another shaky breath and squeezed Hayden's hands. "You truly are the best thing to have ever happened to me. Listen, I guarantee that there will be some tough times and I guarantee that at one point, you're going to get so annoyed of me that you'll want to drop this whole thing. But I also guarantee that you are the only person I ever want to annoy for the rest of my life. I want to marry you, Hayden Sol Flores." He sobbed again, as did Hayden. He bent down onto one knee and Hayden couldn't contain the complete joy that rushed through her veins. "I wanna marry you because you're the first person I want to wake up to every morning and the only one I want to kiss goodnight. I want to marry you because the first time I saw your hands, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to not be able to hold them. I want to marry you because when you love someone as much as I love you, there's only one thing left to do: you marry them. I promise that for as long as I am on this Earth, in this world that is extremely chaotic at times, I will take care of you and our daughter and continue to love you two more than life itself. Hayden Sol Flores, will you marry me?"

     Due to not being able to form any words, Hayden sobbed and nodded repeatedly. Jordan sniffled and grinned as he placed the ring on Hayden's finger, it being a perfect fit. Jordan stood up and grabbed Hayden into the air, spinning her around as she laughed loudly with complete happiness. "Of course I'll marry you, Jordan Connor Yuen." She whispered into his ear after he had put her down. Their friends and their daughter soon came out from behind some rocks, cheering loudly and the girls shedding emotion filled tears as they took lots of pictures of the weds-to-be. Willow ran into her mother's arms and Hayden put her on her right hip so she was in between Hayden and Jordan. Hayden and Jordan kissed one of Willow's cheeks at a time, Willow giggling. Willow wiped her father's and her mother's tears away before she nuzzled her neck into the crook between Hayden's neck and shoulder. And Hayden knew, all her dreams had come true.