CHAPTER NINE

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

FACETIME CALL

HAYDEN: I don't know whatyou want me to say, Shawn

HAYDEN:
I don't know what
you want me to say, Shawn.
What was I supposed
to say? Lie to them and say
that there's no chemistry
between us?

SHAWN:
Yes! You know why?
Because you have a
boyfriend, Hayden. Me!
Do you know how that
makes our relationship
look? Now everyone is
going to ask what's going
on between us. I shouldn't
have left because now people
are going to think that the reason
I left was because of that damn
article.

HAYDEN:
No one is going
to think that, babe. Stop
being overdramatic.

SHAWN:
I'm not being overdramatic,
Hayden! I'm stating the truth!
"Everything is real?" Your words!
Then how am I supposed to react to
them asking if Jordan is in love with
you and him saying "no comment?"

HAYDEN:
I don't know! I didn't
even know how to react to
that!

SHAWN:
Sure you weren't happy
about it? Do you even know
what you're feeling, Hayden?
Please tell me because I have
got to know. I don't know what's
going on with us. When I was there
and he came, I saw the way you two
looked at each other. Do not lie to
me, Hayden. Please don't.

HAYDEN:
I have to go, Shawn. I'll call
you later.

SHAWN:
I love yo—

CALL ENDED

     HAYDEN LET OUT A frustrated groan as she walked the stairs up into her trailer. She set her bag down and closed the door, tying her hair up into a messy bun. She flopped down on her couch just as a knock was heard at the door. "Come in!" She called, hoping it wasn't Jordan. The door opened to reveal Camila, the Brazilian girl with a small smile on her lips.

     "Hey babe." Camila greeted softly. The two had nicknames for one another and were so incredibly close that it wasn't weird for them to call each other names such as babe, honey, and my love. Hayden gave her a tired smile. "You don't look okay. Are you alright?"

     Hayden shrugged and Camila frowned. Camila shut the door and walked over, laying down on top of Hayden. Hayden laughed and wrapped he arms around Camila, the two somewhat cuddling. "What's wrong?" Camila asked, turning her head so she can look at the Latina.

     "Have you seen the article?" Hayden asked, raising a brow as she looked down at Camila. Camila nodded. "Well, Shawn's pissed about it. I told him that what I said was the truth and I most likely shouldn't have done that. Jordan, he - he didn't answer when they asked if he was actually in love with me! All he said was 'no comment.' I'm stressed out because now on every social media post I have everyone is commenting words like 'hoe,' 'whore,' and 'slut,' and any other time I would've commented back and defended myself, but I don't have anything to say now. The other day when Shawn was here. . . we were on the bed, I was on his lap and he was kissing my neck, I couldn't get the feeling of Jordan doing that out of my head. Then when Shawn kissed my cheek in front of Jordan when he came over, I looked at Jordan and I just saw in his eyes that he was both sad and jealous. If I'm being honest, I wanted it to be Jordan's lips that were on my cheek."

     Camila took Hayden's hand and interlocked their fingers, calming her down. "Do you think you have actual feelings for Jordan?" When Hayden said nothing, Camila looked back up at the brunette.

     And Hayden nodded.