CHAPTER FORTY TWO

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

AFTER COMING BACK FROM Florida, Hayden made it her duty to put her Christmas tree before work started again. Though it was still November, Hayden was in the Christmas spirit all year long. So her and Jordan went to the store and walked through the aisles of the many, many, many trees. Some were real and some were fake. Some were just green and others had the fake snow added on. Hayden wanted a fake one because it wouldn't be as messy as a real one. So they searched and they searched until the found the right one. They bought it and took it home and invited Vanessa, Drew, Jasmine, Camila, Madelaine and Lili and Cole. Soon enough, the house was filled with Christmas music and smaller decorations.

Madelaine and Vanessa were working on Christmas cookies — Hayden hoped they wouldn't burn her kitchen down — Camila, Lili and Jasmine were working on putting up stockings and filling them with small goodies for the whole cast — before they left to celebrate with their families, they would have a smaller Christmas with their second family — and Cole, Drew and Jordan worked on putting the tree together. Hayden, on the other hand, was sitting on the couch, drinking hot chocolate, and watching 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' on her phone. "Ya going to help, babe?" Jordan asked. Drew was on the floor, scratching his head to him being clueless on how to put together a Christmas tree whilst Cole threw himself on the couch. The door bell rang and Hayden chuckled.

"I'll get that!" Hayden called as she put her hot chocolate down and jumped over the couches. She ran up to the door and opened it, revealing Charles with two bags in his hands.

"Alright, I got a text we were decorating and I just wanted to ask if can make that tres leches cake that your mom made when she came to visit that one time. And please say yes because I already bought the stuff and I'm not going back." Charles explained as he walked in. Hayden closed the door and leaned her back on the door.

     "I guess, you didn't give me a choice." Hayden chuckled and shook her head as she pushed herself off of the door and walked back to the kitchen. Her and Charles got set to putting all the ingredients together while the girls took out the Christmas cookies and began to decorate them. Jordan and Drew eventually got the tree together.

After about two hours of baking and decorating the Christmas trees as well as the master bed room and the guest room, everyone sat down on the couches with either cookies or a piece of cake in one hand and a mug of hot chocolate in the other. Hayden was cuddled up with Jordan, Camila with her head resting on Charles' shoulder, Drew with his head on Jasmine's lap, Cole and Lili were cuddled up, and Vanessa and Madelaine cuddling together as a way to mock Jordan and Hayden and Cole and Lili. Hayden looked around at her friends and wondered how she was so incredibly blessed with the wonderful people in her life. She took a drink of her hot chocolate, glanced at the tv that played Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, then looked at her Christmas tree that glowed up the entire living room.

Hayden smiled softly to herself and rested her head on Jordan's chest.

━