The hunt

La Morte, upon the mission given by Tsuna himself, split into two. With Akane and Haru went to do the scouting while Izumin and Sora investigate the Labyrinth that's now stored underground.

"Not just cloud flame. There are traces of other flames within the area as well." Sora reported through their earpiece.

"Same here. I detected Storm and Mist" Izumin added from the opposite direction as the albino.

"But there was no other casualties reported, right? So boss has been targetted from the very start" Haru said, switching the name calling indicating that he's just as serious. 

"Mutiflame-animal box then." Akane hummed.

"That's right" Izumin said, "Now. From the recordings that Kyoya's men gathered earlier, they said that the kinds that spotted on the CCTV's are either has poor sighting, small insects or blind. Such as a Bat, moles, etc."

"But Does that has to do with anything?" Asked Sora, not seeing any good on choosing those animals.

"Their size overall, perhaps?" Haru suggested.

"Well, none of that matters. It's likely that they manage to look for him due to his sky flame anyway" Akane said, unfazed as she crossed some famiglia names through elemination process before she could make a dash and tore who ever responsible apart.

"Huh? Really?" Sora's voice could be heard asking.

"Obviously" The ginger nearly rolls her eyes, "Curently no one with 1000 ft radius has sky flames. And even if by any chance there would be someone with the same flame, then they'd be the target as well"

"Wait. How did you know?" Haru asked rather suspicious how their leader sounded so sure of it.

"Oh, a report just came in that Yuni who was visiting was also attacked not so long ago. Remember the mentioned moles? Well, Lal just said that Fon and Colonnello had quite intense whack-a-mole game earlier."

The three comically sweatdropped.

"Oh right. They're also in the mansion. I legit forgot about that" Sora chimes in.

"At least that confirm her safety, right? God, if we also need to deal with baby Yuni" Izumin sighed.

"Actually, pretty sure that would be a sight to be hold. She is afterall nearly as cute as—"

"Not even close" Akane cuts in with a hmp. "Tsucchan is way cuter~"

"You simp" Haru shot back. And thus resulted with a bicker between the two before a swing of mallet interrupted that is.

"R-Reborn-san??" That male assassin nearly squeaked.

"If you're planning to just fool around, do it on the playground not here" for once he didnt bother to taunt as per usual. And though they couldn't see his eyes since they were shaddowed by the fedora, they could tell that he's likely glaring at them. And that alone is enough to roughly gave them the imagimation of what's happening to their big boss.

"Right. Focus" Akane nods to herself, fixing her demeanor.

"The trace that were left behind  and looking at the attack pattern. There are 3 main suspects so far. Nuovo, Greco, and Gelaro" she reported to their supervisor.

"Nuovo has that purple mad hatter, Greco, we all know that it has always been that reckless famiglia that learns nothing despite nearly being purged by us everytime, and Geralo..."

"Geralo hasn't been causing any ruckus which is weird. But other than that there's nothing more to it so far"

Akemi finished their young intel, Izumin's words while they then heard the hitman hums in dissatisfaction.

"None of them"

He sounded certain, which startled the four.

"Excuse me?"

Had he not been this shocked, Haru would have stopped his mouth from raising such death flag upon himself, but really, it couldn't be helped.

'Just how can he be this certain?'

Then again, he should have known better not to question the strongest hitman in the world when his information came, not from people, but literally from Nature.

Bugs.

Or specifically speaking, flying insects, such as dragonflies and mosquitoes.

"Mauve left that famiglia just a week ago and no one has the right brain power to succeed such feat over there than that punk. Greco is in chaos, their leader just got assassinated though the news hasn't spread yet. While Geralo? No. Just no. Viper was on the mission and that cockroach-like famiglia has been demolished at last— or at least they wouldn't be able to launch any attack within the next half of year. Verde could even testimony to that, with much pride, I might add"

Those insects seems to be reporting the situation to the raven while that young assassin can only stare, literally forgetting that the older male can do this.

"Ooh~ as expected of Reborn-san!"

"Ah... yes. As expected of him"

Sora's excitement was followed by Haru sweatdropping at the peculiar sight.

"So we're back at square one?"

While the rest of the group were fascinated with what the tutor of their mentor just demonstrated, the leader among the four sounded a bit exasperated upon their situation.

"Not quite"

Reborn chimed as a butterfly just landed on his finger.

"Change the list: Pazzo, Sicario, Vicenso"

That pair of onyx gleamed as he ordered.

"Mauve moved to Pazzo, Sicario was spotted to develop shady business and gathering forces, while Vicenso's men have been spotted barely stepping into our territory. Agnese famiglia and Torrin 'Group' could possibly be it as well, but our main suspects are these three for many other reasons which I'm not going to display one by one"

After all, Reborn only lend his student's pupils a hand because the situation is dire. Other than that, he wasn't planning to meddle at all.

However, since he has been putting his input this much anyway.

Click

His gun is out and ready to shoot as he spared a menacing smirk at the growing pale group as his low voice ripple the silence that barely formed again.

"Now then, since your dearest sensei couldn't save you—"

That hitman didn't even get to finish his sentence as the assassin group finding themselves scrambling off their feet as soon they heard him talk, leaving the smirk on the fedora-man's lips to split further with a scoff.

"At least they know the way to survive"

Gun loaded with real bullets, Reborn were not playing games nor he has enough patience to see the people that's assigned to find more info on what happened to his son figure lazying around.

'Not on my watch'

And so, he set the pace personally before went for a hunt himself.

Cocky smirk falling off his face, that hitman would make sure to snatch another life by the end of this shitty game.