One Hundred And Fifteen

Start from the beginning

“Ash!” Destiny shrieked, moving forward and brushing my hair back off my face.

“Wh…what happened?” I groaned.

“You almost drown, your broke your foot and you got stabbed.” Luke answered.

“Wh… where are Camilla and Lauren?”

“They were in jail.” Calum replied.

“For live five minutes.” Grace mumbled, “The vamps bailed them out.”

“What about Jackie?” I asked.

Looking down, Calum wrapped an arm around Grace who buried her face in his chest.

“There wasn’t anything we could do.” Gemma whispered.

“Lauren,” Luke mumbled, “She came up behind her and just….. pushed her. It was awful. The look on her face, when she fell, she was so terrified, and the sound….. when she hit the gr….”

“Enough.” Calum barked, while Grace let out a strangled sob.

“I’m sorry.” Luke apologized.

“It’s fine,” Gabby answered, since Grace wasn’t capable of talking at the moment, “She’s better off now I guess.”

“I should have never left.” I mumbled.

“Don’t be stupid.” Grace sniffed, “She would have hated you if you let those fans die. At least she didn’t die in vain.”

“I’m still sorry,” I whispered.

“We’re just happy you’re okay.” Gabby sighed, “Everyone thought you had…. You know.”

“You were legally dead for a minute and a half.” Michael muttered.

Glancing over at Destiny and finding her eyes squeezed tightly closed I reached out and laced my fingers with hers.

“It’s okay,” I assured her.

“Is it?” she asked, “They’re nuts Ashton and they’re out there, they’re not going to stop until they get what they want.”

“Are we safe?” Charlie whispered.

“Honestly?” Calum sighed, “I doubt it.”

“Calum don’t be such a downer, God.” Jess muttered.

“He’s right.” Paul said suddenly, reentering the conversations.

“What do you mean?” Luke questioned.

“You’re not safe.” Paul sighed, “We could up your security but they’d just go after the fans…. Or your families, there’s not really anything we can do.”

“That’s bullshit!” Michael cried.

“Young man!” Paul warned, “Watch the language.”

“Sorry,” Michael muttered, “It’s just…What are we supposed to do? How many people have to die?”

“No more,” Paul answered, “We already have a plan.”

“What is it?” I asked.

“You’re going to take a break.” He replied.

“Wait, what?” Calum cried.

“Like from performing?” Michael shrieked.

“I reuse!” Luke cried.

“It’s refuse buddy.” Destiny mumbled, “But I agree, you can’t do that Paul.”

“Yeah!” I added, “This band, is everything I’ve ever wanted, never in a million years did I ever think I would be successful…. At anything….. And now, we’ve made it, we’re like…. A real band! With real fans and….. they mean a lot to us, and us to them, we can’t just leave them…… I’d rather get stabbed again.”