Sixty-One

“You… you’re pre…preg…gonna have a baby?”

“That’s what pregnant means doesn’t it?” George cried, burying her face in her hands.

“Oh.” I mumbled, “Well, um…. Do you…. Do you know who’s it is?”

“No.” she whispered.

“Seriously Georgia?” I cried, rising to my feet.

Saying nothing, she picked at the hem of her dress.

“What is wrong with you?” I demanded, “You’re mean to my fans! You’re obnoxious, rude, mean, slutty! And now this!”

“I didn’t mean to.” She whimpered.

“Yeah, well, you did.” I snapped, shaking my head and disbelief and starting for the door.

“It’s not my fault!” she sobbed.

“Save it Georgia.” I grumbled, pulling the door open.

“I was raped!”

Stopping dead in my tracks I whirled around to face her, “What?”

“Oh, so now you care?”

“Georgia,” I sighed, slowly crossing back over to where she sat and sliding down the stall to sit beside her.

“I was walking back to your place from Louis’ and these guys, they were driving.”

“Georgia you don’t have to….”

“Then they started following me. I was half a mile away from your house.”

“Georgia please…”

“I guess that’s why I get for looking like a slut huh?”

“You don’t look like a slut.”

“You think I can’t hear you Ashton? You hate me, I know I’m not good enough for you, I’ve always known, I didn’t want you to hate me so I tried to impress you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I haven’t dated anyone. I’m a veterinary student from Maine who was too broke to pay my tuition so I had to drop out. I’ve never been a porn star, my Dad isn’t an orthodontist, he’s a Dental hygienist, my Mom isn’t a child star, she’s a business woman who split when I was three. I eat bread like it’s going out of style, I’m wearing four padded bras, and I love your fans. They’re all, well most of them are so cute and sweet, but I acted like a bitch so they wouldn’t hurt me, I built up a wall you know? It’s stupid, but, Caroline, she warned me about the hate and I…. I knew I wouldn’t be able to handle it, and I needed the money and so, yeah.”

Stunned, I looked over at Georgia seeing her in a completely different light.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“No, I’m sorry.” I sighed, “I judged you and I shouldn’t have.”

Giving me a small smile, Georgia opened her mouth to speak, however instead of words, throw up spewed out, all over my pants.

“Ugh!” I yelped.

“I’m so sorry!” she wailed starting to cry, “You must hate me!”

“No, no, I don’t hate you.” I said breathing through my mouth and trying hard not to look down, “Let’s just get you upstairs to your room okay?”

“Okay.” She sniffed.

Giving her a reassuring smile, I rose to my feet, then held out a hand to help her stand, before sweeping her legs out from beneath her and picking her up.