Part Fifty-Six

"Luke put that down."

"Calum stop blowing up doctor gloves."

"Harry, there is not heartbeat in a butt put the stethoscope down."

"How does Liz put up with your guys shit?"

"You wanna hear a song I wrote?"

"No."

"I like to call this little song...."

"Striped sweater?"

"Shut up Michael."

"The best time to wear a stripped sweater, is when I'm wearing one!"

"Michael stop!"

"Mikey, shut it and let the poor kid sing his stupid song."

"It's not stupid."

"My apologies, carry on."

"We just gotta get out, we just gotta get out. And if this doctor doesn't Ash is doing he's like my baby, cause I wanna get out, we just gotta get out of this waiting room!"

"Sounds like a hit."

Feeling like I had just been hit by a bus, I struggled to open my eyes however they felt as if they had been glued shut. Confused, I tried to move my hand however it was behind held in someone elses.

"Hey! He just moved!"

"Ashton!"

"Is he waking up!"

"Ash buddy can you hear me!"

"Guys back up!"

"Ashton?"

Putting every ounce of my will power into my eyes I was able to get them to flutter open and blinking I was surprised to find Harry, Niall, Michael, Calum, Luke and Gemma hovering over me. Blinking I looked down to my hand and found it being held tightly by Destiny.

"You're okay!" she cried, before leaning forward and placing her lips on mind.

"Get some Des!" Harry cheered.

Stunned, I stared up at her as the heart monitor I was connected to went crazy. Almost immediately a nurse ran in and Destiny pulled away abruptly.

"What in God's name is going on in here?" the nurse demanded.

"He's awake." Luke pointed out thickly.

"I can see that." She snapped, "Ya'll are going to kill him, you need to leave."

"What, no! We just got him back!.... I mean, um, whatever." Michael replied, shoving his hands in his pockets and starting for the door.

"That goes for the rest of you too." The nurse snapped, putting her hands on her hips, "He's allowed one visitor at a time."

"Can it be me?" Luke cried.

"No, come on buddy, Destiny is going to stay," Gemma sighed, "Let's go get you a snack."

"I am kind of hungry." He mumbled.

"I know." She laughed, steering him for the door, "I'm glad you're okay Ash."

"Don't scare me like that again man." Calum sighed following after them.

"As far as straight guys go, you're the best." Harry informed me.

"I'm.... uh..... I'm happy you're not dead." Niall muttered.

And then they were gone and Destiny and I were alone.