Part Forty-Three

Charlotte’s POV –

Staring down at my phone I watched as a tear splashed on the screen however I made no move to wipe it away.

Instead I just looked at the flood of notifications on my twitter, calling me every name under the sun, telling me to kill myself, telling me that Luke didn’t love me, all because of a picture. One picture of the two of us.

We were in front of some big white arch thing in New York, his hair limp under his beanie from the rain which fell around us as we kissed, his large hands pulling me closer to him, his arms keeping me warm, as he smiled into the kiss.

And now it was everywhere.

Twitter

Tumbler

Instagram

I couldn’t get away from it.

Everywhere I looked it was there, along with disgusting hash tags like.

#5SOSFansAndDirectionersWantCharwhoreDead  #CharwhoreShouldDie and #KeepCuttingCharwhoreYoureTrash.

Choking back a sob I pulled my sleeves over the marks that covered my wrists, marks Luke had never seen and never would, in fact no one had ever seen them so how did they know.

I didn’t deserve it did I, or maybe I did?

I wasn’t surprised my Mom hadn’t opened the door for me, I wasn’t surprised the whole world hated me, the only person I had left was Luke but all I did was hold him back. He was in a band, he should be dating someone pretty and famous, not me.

Taking a shaky breath I exited out of twitter and pressed the only number I had on speed dial, Luke’s, which he answered after the first ring.

“Hey Charlie!”

“Hi!” I replied, trying hard not to sound like I was crying but failing miserably.

“What’s wrong?” he demanded, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I answered, “I uh…. I just wanted to tell you I landed.”

“Oh good, I was actually really worried.”

“Yeah, well, I didn’t die so.”

“Oh, crap, hey princess I have to go okay, I have sound check but I’ll talk to you later okay?”

“Okay.”

“Alright, love you bye….”

“Wait Luke!”

“Yeah?”

“I love you. I just really want you to know that okay? I’ve never loved anyone like I love you before and you just….. you make me laugh when I want to cry and you just…… you’ve helped me a lot and I love you okay?”

“I love you too Charlie. Bye.”

“Bye Luke.”

I waited for him to hang up first, which he did, and then I just sat there, reading every text he had ever sent me, every voicemail, every tweet, everything trying to convince myself not to do it, however the hate kept coming and after an hour I couldn’t take it anymore.

Turning off my phone, I pulled my hood over my head so as not to get recognized and made my way down to the lobby of my hotel, and into the small hotel store, were I purchased a package of easy glide, shavers from the unsuspecting pimple covered boy behind the counter, before going back up to my room.

And sitting in the bathroom, at two in the morning, an illegally downloaded from YouTube edition of Beside You playing off my phone, I did it. The last thing I ever saw being a text from Luke telling me goodnight with a giant heart made out of mini heart and monkey emojis beneath it, and then, I died.