Part Twenty-Two

Several hours later Charlotte was curled up on the other end of the couch, her phone open to some app called wattpad where she had been reading before falling asleep. Lily, who Harry had neglected to inform me had something against being put down and supporting her own body weight for more than two seconds was sleeping on my chest, her lips stained blue after seven ring pops. Lauren was snoring softly next to me, her head flopped over onto my shoulder while Harry was on my other side, half on the couch, half curled up in my lap.

The movie Nightmare Before Christmas drawing to a close I was starting to doze off myself when my phone began to ring loudly in my pocket. Blaring some song Luke had set about wanting to be an Idiot from America.

Hurriedly wiggling my hand out from under Harry's head, I dug around in my pocket before pulling the obnoxiously loud electronic device. Cursing whoever it was that was calling at this obscene hour, I pressed the phone to my ear without even bother to see who it was that was calling, however at the sound of the voice on the other end, all anger melted, giving way to worry and curiosity.

"Ashton?" a familiar slow, deep voice sobbed.

"Harry?" I demanded, "What's wrong?"

"Everything!" Harry cried, "This party...that goddman ass hole! I'm just so done."

"Harry what the hell happened?" I demanded, lowering my voice as Lily stirred on my chest.

"That douche bag.... He.... Oh God.. I'm so stupid!"

"Harry where are you?" I demanded.

"I don't know!" Harry cried, "Taco bell. It was the only place open."

"Hang on," I sighed, "I'll come get you."

"Hurry," Harry sniffed.

"I'm coming, just... sit there." I replied.

Harry let out another wail and then the call cut off.

"Shit," I muttered.

"Is everything okay?" a small voice asked.

Startled I looked up to find Charlotte watching me worriedly, a pattern from the blanket she had fallen asleep on, covering her left cheek, and a puddle of drool staining the sleeve of the Nirvana sweatshirt she had on.

"No, not really," I sighed.

"What's up?" she asked, sitting up and rubbing her eyes groggily, her sweatshirt sliding over her hands making her look absolutely adorable.

Shaking the thought out of my head since Charlotte was more than just a little bit out of my limit, I nudged Harry and Lauren off me and rose to my feet.

"It's Harry," I mumbled.

"The gay one with the good legs and the amazing ass?" she questioned.

"Yeah that would be the one," I sighed.

"What happened?" she asked.

"He called me," I answered, sliding on my shoes, "He's drunk out of his mind and upset about something and just sitting at a taco bell, I need to go get him."

"What are you going to do with the kids?" she questioned, gesturing to Lauren and Harry who were slumped over on the couch.

"I guess I'll have to bring them," I sighed.

"I could watch them," she mumbled.

"You'd do that?" I breathed in relief.

"Sure," she answered, "They're sleeping anyway it's not a big deal."