10 // jimin

I'll put the song in a different chapter, it's too depressing for this one :/

"Ok, explain," Jin hyung says, leaning back against the counter after our shifts had ended.

Taehyung and I look at each other, unsure of where to start. This is mostly between him and his brother, I'm not really sure why I'm here.

"It's my fault, don't blame Jiminie," Tae says, stepping up for me.

"No you're both at fault. You both lied," he says angrily. "First of all Taehyung what the frick were you doing at nightclub that late?! And Jimin why the heck did you let him go?!"

"There's this girl I really like, hyung. I met her a while ago," Tae starts. "I knew she would be at this club called Mono, so I went there to win her over and.. I found her making out with her boyfriend."

"He's been talking about her for a long time and it sounded like he really liked her so I didn't want to interfere," I explain.

Jin's face softens a little as he faces Taehyung. "Is that why you were drinking? Was this the only time?"

I stand there awkwardly as the two brothers discuss Tae's clubbing habits. Unfortunately, Jin turns to me right after.

"Why weren't you honest with me Jimin?" Jin asks, looking somewhat betrayed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to get Tae in trouble," I sigh while my best friend takes my hand. I feel like we're two little kids being scolded by our mother.

"From now on, I want you both to be honest with me, ok? I'm just trying to look out for you guys, what if something had happened? What if someone got hurt?" Jin worries.

We look at each other and come to an agreement not to tell him about the events that occurred last night or the man that was lying unconscious on my couch.

"We're sorry," we say, as he pulls us both into a hug.

Ever since I left Busan, Jin had basically taken on the role of my older brother. He takes care of me the same way he does for Taehyung. I wouldn't want to ever do anything to upset him.

• • •

I bounce in excitement when I find Yoongi's note sitting on my side table when I get home, but I frown when I read it.

I don't remember much but I'm sure it was amazing. Hmu sometime I'd love to get to know you x
(*Phone number*)

What was amazing?? I brush it off, adding his number into my contacts.

I consider waiting before texting him, but I decide that I'm not that patient. My 6 hour shift had to have been a long enough gap.

I send him a simple "hey, it's jimin".

I swear, I stop breathing when I see the three dots pop up on my screen.

Me:
hey, it's jimin

Yoongi:
Hi :) didn't think you would actually text me.

Me:
Why wouldn't I?

Yoongi:
Idk .. you didn't even give me your number lol

I stare at the text with confusion. Is he joking?

Jimin:
What do you mean? I put it in the back of your receipt when you came to the cafe