Unruly P.3 (Bakugou Katsuki)

The door to the hospital room opened, the head of unruly hair peeking in. He had been told this was the room, but he wanted to make sure. His classmates still teased him about that time with Todoroki during the Sports Festival... he didn't want to walk into the wrong room a second time.

He saw this was the place though, the correct room on the correct floor in the correct hospital. (Name)'s form was resting gently on the bed, a small vase of flowers near her bedside, a matching card from her classmates there as well.

He bit his lip, knowing it was partly his fault his senpai had ended up here. She looked pretty peaceful though, for someone who had their side ripped open. He slumped in the chair next to her bed, watching her breath for a few moments.

Seeing that she was really truly out like a light, he decided now would be the best time to reach into his backpack and take out the item he had bought just for her. He raised a lip at the sticks of chocolate covered cookies, placing the small treat near the card and vase of flowers.

"I still don't understand how you can eat that shit..." He grumbled, ears always picking up on the beats of her heart monitor. "You're gonna get fucking sick and fat if you keep eating it..."

He sighed, realizing he was basically talking to himself at this point. His face descended into his hands and he let out an overdue sigh. It was his fault you were here. You were on the damn rescue team and now just like Mt. Lady, Best Jeanist, All Might and so many others, you had gotten hurt by him getting kidnapped.

He didn't know the exact details, but somewhere along the way, you had attempted to protect Best Jeanist, only to have some member of the League rip your side open. Apparently, you collapsed and stop responding moments later. Ending you up here.

The doctors had told him the good news though... the one that you had no serious or life-threatening injuries. But instead that your body needed time to recharge and heal before you woke up. As such, they deemed you not quite in a coma, but awfully close to just that.

And now he was here for some bullshit reason. Part of him was hoping you'd wake up and see him by your bedside, your feelings for him realized at that moment. But he didn't believe in those bullshit love stories.

He knew that it would most likely end up with him talking to you like a crazy love struck idiot to no avail. You'd wake up days later with no memory or knowledge of him doing so. And things would return to normal: you being the unreachable senpai and him being your unruly kouhai.

But as he sat there, looking over your peaceful but damaged form, he slowly started to realize that he didn't want that anymore. He almost lost you. If that wound had been an inch deeper or closer to your center, you would have surely died.

"You know how stupid you are? You really fucking risked your life for a dumb shit like me?" He cursed, feeling an immovable spark of regret making its new home in his chest, the feeling building up and making it hard to breathe.

"They had plenty of fucking heroes already! So why the hell did you tag along? You could have just as easily stayed outside for ground support like fucking Endeavor... but you came in! You came in to save the idiot who got himself kidnapped!"

He rubbed away at his eyes, pushing past the well threatening to make his cheeks into streams if he got any more emotional. But damn it... he almost lost you.

"God... you know how fucking much it hurts to realize you're fucking right about all that shit you said to me? I thought I could take on the entire fucking League of Villains...shit...

I knew I was a bit stubborn and headstrong... but I might also be fucking delusional. You knew that though, didn't you shitty girl? You knew from day one, and took those swipes at my ego to save my sorry ass in the future.... Didn't you?"