Adorable (Todoroki Shouto)

Todoroki Shouto

Writing Prompt Number 40 - You're so fucking adorable

Love is strange. You think that you know what you're looking for when you're in the market, but sometimes what you want or seek is not what you need. Sometimes, the thing or person you need the most is the last thing you'd think you'd want in a relationship.

Todoroki had always thought he'd want someone calm and patient, much like his mother was. Someone who would support him and allow him to know what he needed before he even considered it.

But when he started to fall for (Name), he realized that calmness and quietness were the last things used to describe them. (Name) was the type of person to laugh happily at anything and everything, they were a literal personification of happiness!

He could never understand at first how someone could be so open and easy to read with their emotions, yet here you were. Whether is was a bad test grade or a misstep during hero training exercises, you always smiled at your misfortune.

"I'll do better next time! Just watch me!" You'd declare at every bad end.

And at the good ones, your own vibrant attitude would be even more up on the scale. You would smile like nothing he had even seen before, a smile so pure and happy that it would cause him to smile as well. It was so infectious.

Sometimes when something very good happened, you would be unable to contain your happiness and would engulf whoever or whomever was near you into such a heartfelt and warm hug that even the grumpiest of your classmates would feel a bit of your emotions shining through your actions.

"Shit face! Stop fucking hugging people every time you get so fucking happy!" Bakugou called out one particular time, but even he didn't want to be the one to ruin such a happy person's smile.

"Awe! I can't help it! I'm so happy and I need to share it with everyone! And you were the closest person Bakugou-kun!" You chuckled and latched further onto the hit headed boy, much to his dislike.

"(N-Name)-san!" Izuku attempted to coax you to let him go another time. "Y-You're so close..."

You nearly sent the green haired boy into a coma from how tightly and warmly you were hugging him. Iida finally managed to get you to release him when he passed out from the sheer overwhelmingness of it all.

It was in those few times that your hugs found themselves in his presence that Todoroki would bloom into shades of red and pink, his cheeks displaying the colors to those watching.

"Awe (Name)-san!" Mina would chuckle and you would look at her, Todoroki still in your embrace. "You're embarrassing Todoroki-kun again!"

You'd chuckle and let him in the next second. "Ah sorry Todoroki-san! I just got so excited and you happened to be the person right next to me!"

He'd shake his head in understanding and walk away quickly. You always thought it was because he wasn't a fan of things kind of actions.

But in reality it was because he was trying to very hard to not reveal to you or the rest of his class that you were driving him absolutely mad with all these kind actions, bubbly laughs and shining eyes.

It wasn't just your actions that made you seem so irresistible to Todoroki however, it was everything about you.

The way you spoke, speaking with a cute voice that always held your speech between that of mutuals who you held the utmost respect for. The only way to make it more cute was if you were to suddenly start calling people '-sama' afterwards.

He'd for sure not be able to handle his hidden emotions if you called him 'Todoroki-sama' but then again, he didn't think anyone would be able too.

You, like a few others in class, also spoke through your body. Your hands danced around like Iida's in excitement. You'd throw your head back and forth like Midoriya when you found something embarrassing but not enough to make you cease your bubbly tone and chatter about it.

To Todoroki Shouto, you were the most adorable thing he had ever seen.