Cold (Todoroki Shouto)

Todoroki Shouto:

Maybe he was more than a hand crusher? In the past whenever Todoroki Shouto was around, someone he held dear would get their hand messed up. But this time, this time was different.

Instead of Midoriya or Iida getting hurt, it had been you. The girl from general studies who he just so happened to strike up a conversation with one day. He had been in the library one afternoon and you were an assist there.

It was as clique as they come, falling for a librarian after all. But Todoroki was pretty clique at times himself. But even so, his chance encounter with you blossomed into something more. He soon started finding himself in the library during your assistance times and striking up conversations with you about books and the mundane events of both your lives and differing curriculums.

Soon he had invited you to join him and his group for lunch, to which you accepted. From that point on, you had sat with him regularly at lunch: always squished between himself and Tsuyu. He had gotten used to the sounds of your laughter when Ochaco made a joke, or your scoff when Mineta attempted to make some type of sexist remark.

It was not long before Todoroki realized that he was in love with you. But he was much too afraid to say anything. He's rationality was that if he had inherited half his father's power, then at least some part of his personality would be from that man as well.

And he was not willing to take the risk that he would treat you the way his father treated his mother. Todoroki would much rather watch you from a safe distance then risk it. As much as he loved you, longed to touch and be with you... it was too heavy on himself.

The day had started out normal, classes for general subjects went by without a hitch and by lunch you had happily sat down with his usual group of friends. Izuku gushed about something, Iida was energetic about this, Ochaco was giggling at that. He watched as Tsu smacked Mineta with her tongue, thus knocking the small pervert out. Nothing seemed out of place, but for some reason, Shouto could not shake this ominous feeling.

You had taken notice and gently poked his cheek on his cold side. He turned and looked at you, feeling both sides of him start to raise in body temperature. You smiled and pushed forward a container of something.

"I made everyone cookies that look you!" You buzzed happily and opened the box to show the artistic cookies that had been designed to look like the 6 heroes in training.

"Wah! They're so cute (Name)-chan!" Uraraka smiled and grabbed her cookie form. She took a quick snap of it before taking a bite. "Ah! And they taste good too!"

Soon enough everyone had grabbed their designated cookie except for Todoroki, who still seemed a bit on edge. You tilted your head in worry and tapped him once more. "Todo-kun? Are you feeling okay?"

"H-huh? Oh.. um yes. Just a bit on edge today I suppose." He mumbled, glancing at you for a second before staring down at his ignored lunch.

"You should eat though." You warned him and he sighed, knowing better than to worry you further.

"Of course. And thanks for the cookie." He smiled softly, feeling rather happy to have you hold him in such a place of worry, meaning you cared for him as well.

If the afternoon had stayed that way it would have been perfect, but of course when attending UA the risk of something going wrong at the worst time was always high.

You had been walking with their group, lunch now over and there hero portion of the day about to begin. Uraraka had urged you to walk with them since you could go late to your shift at the library today.