Long-Distance (Todoroki Shouto x Reader)

For @EclispeDragneel

You hummed as your phone rang. Your legs kicked back and forth as you sat on your bed but eventually found themselves on your bed as you laid down on your side and waited for the other person to pick up the phone. You two always called at this time so it shouldn't take him that much longer to pick up. After what felt like the twentieth ring, your boyfriend finally picked up and you were greeted by his usually calm face.

"Hey!" You greeted with a smile.

"Good evening." He spoke to you in his usual tone.

He looked tired. His red and white locks looked to have just gotten wet meaning he must have just gotten back to his dorm, taken a quick shower, and then waited for you to call him. You watched as your boyfriend yawned and laughed gently. It must have been another long day, but he looked to be doing okay.

The pair of you had met last year during your second year at UA and had grown close and started dating halfway through that year. But this year was different since you had decided to do a term abroad to see what other hero schools were like in a place you always wanted to go see.

Todoroki had stayed at UA, seeing as he had a good internship and was making good progress. He was clearly going to be staying in the Tokyo area upon graduation so it was good for him to be staying in the area now so he could become familiar with it.

Despite the distance being a long one, you both had wanted to try and see if you could make this work. So a long-distance relationship had been decided upon by the pair of you. It was really hard at first, seeing as you both had strange schedules and sometimes wouldn't get back until late.

But with a little effort and some time to figure things out, you both had made a schedule that fits you both and let you look forward to something throughout your week. You both would text on the near-daily, but it was Sundays and Wednesdays that always made you giddy because you'd be able to video chat with Todoroki.

And today was Sunday.

"Long day?" You asked him and he nodded his head.

"I don't mind training and sparring with others in class... but when I agree to spar with one then at least three more ask if I will as well." Todoroki looked tired.

"It shows how much they respect you." You told him and then chuckled. "But if its that wearing on you, its okay to put your foot down and tell them all that you can only manage one or two of them at a time."

"I know... I just don't want to disappoint them."

"You won't. Knowing our classmates, they care more about you being healthy and in a good mind set then anything else."

"You always seem to know what to say." He chuckled and you hummed in agreement.

"Pays to be a people person at times I guess." You shrugged. "But that's a boring topic! Tell me something that happened this week! I miss the usual antics!"

Todoroki nodded his head and looked to be trying to pick what incident this week would be the best one to share with you. After a minute he started to speak and your entire attention fell onto him.

"Aizawa-sensei assigned us all a group project with random groups. Kaminari is in my group and I guess he misunderstood the directions for the project because he messed up and got lectured by Jirou, who is also in my group, about if he actually reads things or skims and assumes."

"Sounds like Kaminari-kun." You laughed. "What was the project?"

"We have to build a city and describe the laws and policies we'd put into place. Kaminari was supposed to be coming up with ones for children. He ended up making a program where kids got to choose the hours they go to school... even though that's not what we're supposed to be making laws for. It was for how heroes should interact with kids, not the kids themselves."

"Well... he's got the spirit at least." You shook your head.

"Yeah." Todoroki replied and you both fell quiet.

It was like that for a few minutes and then Todoroki exhaled deeply. You looked at him and saw that he was looking off to the side.

"Shouto? Are you okay?" You asked him, worried.

"I'm fine." He replied and frowned. "I guess I've just been missing working with you. I... miss you."

You stiffened and sat up. Your eyes welled up and you quickly wiped them away. You had been missing him like mad too, but you hadn't realized just how much until he had just told you. Your eyes looked back at your phone and you could see Todoroki looked worried he had made you cry.

You waved your hands back and forth and chuckled awkwardly.

"I-It's okay! I'm just... I'm just missing you a lot too." You told him and sniffled. "I miss eating lunch with you and doing homework with you... and just being with you. I miss your hugs too..."

Todoroki's expression softened and he nodded at you. "I miss... your hugs too."

"I know this has been hard, but... I'll be down next weekend! We'll get to hang out all weekend and do all the things we've been planning to do!" You told him excitedly. "So... we just have to hold on for another week!"

"But... you still have to go back."

"You'll have to come visit me then!" You told him with a serious look. "There is no rule saying you can't come to me or me to you as often as we can!!"

Todoroki let a series of soft chuckles leave his lips and he nodded at you. His mismatched hues met yours and you both just stared at one another for a while. Your eyes said enough to one another, as did the gentle laughter that came from your lips.

"A week then?" Todoroki asked you.

"Less. I'll be there late Friday night and UA said they'd let me stay at the dorms over the weekend." You told him. "So... you better be up when I get there!"

"I will." Todoroki told you and then closed his eyes.

As your voice continued to talk and tell him about all the things you were going to do together over the weekend, he couldn't help but grow impatient. This weekend couldn't arrive soon enough... you couldn't arrive soon enough so he could hug you as tightly as he could once again.