{Soulmate AU} A Change in the Day (Bakugou Katsuki)

Bakugou Katsuki x Reader

Requested By: All_In_Due_Time

Request: Bakugou and a s/o that cares too much for random people and is also probably really annoying in her weird ways. Tends to nickname people at random and calls him Baku, because that's what feels right to her. If possible, a soulmate au similar to a first word au, but instead of 'first' words, it's a phrase from an important moment in their lives! Comfort or fluff is fine with me! Thank you and sorry for bothering you and I love your writing! (Random guilt has been held back long enough for me to write and send this. I will now spend the next ten minutes feeling guilty for requesting. Don't worry if you don't decide to do this one! Thanks!!)

(AN- Changing the Soulmate prompt a little bit, to make it work better)

The words etched onto his wrist like a band had always been a constant reminder of what his soulmate's first impression of him would be. Apparently, the words that were engraved onto him for all eternity were ones that would speak to how they would see him for the first time, and thus would play a big importance in their intertwined lives from here on out.

But to Bakugou... he could really care less about the words on him. He had better things to worry about then some stupid soulmate after all, thus he really didn't want to meet them, let alone have to put up with someone who would constantly need and demand his attention.

Becoming a hero was where his attention would always be, and he couldn't care less if his soulmate was okay with that or not.

But even so, even Bakugou Katsuki couldn't help but have his mind drift to the thoughts of his soulmate every now and then. Unconsciously of course, and every time he would find himself thinking about it, he'd mentally slap himself.

Today seemed to be one of those times where he was beating himself up for his thoughts about the person he was tied to. Maybe it was because his first day at UA was not as great as he expected it to be. But now having dried his tears and stormed off campus and towards his home... he really wanted to focus on something else.

And for some reason, no matter how hard he tried... he couldn't shake the idea of how shitty his day was compared to that stupid ass Deku. Not only did the damn nerd beat him in a combat exercise... but he also managed to find his own soulmate. That brown haired girl... the one with the round ass face.

He grit his teeth together, scarlet eyes boring into the path ahead of him. He was walking along a small green path near a bank of water. The longer route home, but he really didn't want to talk about his first day with his parents. They were always nosy as Hell.

He started to walk under an underpass, noticing how a girl was crouched besides a small box. She was speaking towards it and smiling gently, only to suddenly blink and look towards him as he approached.

He rose a lip at her in disgust, not wanting to converse with some stranger. She only sighed, reaching into the box and taking out a small dog before stepping directly in his path and stopping him.

"I'm sorry to bother you... but you look quite upset. Do you want to talk to a stranger and get whatever it is off your chest? Or maybe even adopt this sweet boy?"

She held up the happy puppy to him, but Bakugou shoved on past her.

"Move it, you damn extra..." He seethed, but the girl seemed to not take his words as off putting or any kind of threat. Instead she continued to follow him.

"Extra?" She hummed gently, matching his fast and angry stride. "That's a new one."

Bakugou looked at her with a face that could scare even the worst villain. "Get lost before I decide to beat your ass to a pulp."

"That's not really fitting of a UA student though..." She muttered, Bakugou's eyes widening when he realized she had recognized his uniform.

She laughed slightly. "Your uniform is kinda recognizable after all. Now... I'll leave you alone, but only after you at least give this little guy one pet. A good and nice pet! Sometimes petting a dog helps!"

Bakugou grit his teeth, but seeing as this might be his only chance to get rid of the strange girl, he reached forward and gently stroked the dog's ears. The little creature happily sighing from the kind pet.

"Awe! He likes you!" She smiled, looking towards the ash blonde male with a dazzling smile. "I knew you were much kinder than you let on."

Bakugou paused a moment, the words ringing in his ears like a deafening echo. The girl paused looking at him like he was now the one acting weird. The dog in her arms even looking slightly confused as he wasn't being petted any longer.

"Shit..." Bakugou breathed, pulling his hand away and starting to walk away. "God..."

"Huh? Did something happen?" The girl asked, worry filling her for this stranger again.

"No... I'm fucking fine." He breathed, and then looked towards the girl. "Whats your stupid name?"

"(Last Name) (First Name)." She answered, and then looked towards the puppy. "And I think I'll call this little guy Taro!"

"It's not your dog?" Bakugou rose a brow.

"Nope. Just found him... though I doubt my mom will let me bring another stray animal home..." (Name) sighed.

"What are you going to do about him then?" Bakugou rolled his eyes, seeing as you were way too kind and slightly irresponsible.

"I guess leave him here and try to feed him everyday..." She muttered and bakugou let out a groan.

He opened up his arms, and looked at her with a glare. "Give it here..."

"Huh?" She blinked, looking at Taro. "You're going to take care of him?"

"Yes. Now hurry before I change my fucking mind."

She happily handed Taro over, and Bakugou growled when the dog licked his face. (Name) looked pleased and then handed the boy a small slip of paper.

"Here's my number! Call me sometime so I can check up on Taro, Baku-kun!" She waved before grabbing her bag and taking off.

Bakugou watched dumbfounded for a moment, not understanding how she could be so bouncy form one thing to the other at the drop of a hat.

Taro squirmed in his grasp and got comfortable, and teen realizing his mother would now have even more questions than she would have previously. But then again... his soulmate certainly seemed like someone interesting, and now... if anything, he at least had this smelly dog as a sign she was out there somewhere.

And maybe... if he ever felt like it... his and her path would cross again with a simple dialing of a phone number now resting safely in his pocket.