Vivid (Bakugou Katsuki x Blind! Reader)

For @-carnivorous-

"You want me to what?"

"Y-you heard me!"

Bakugou looked at you, shock on his features and a soft blush growing on his face. He turned away from you for a moment, only glancing back when he remembered how things were with you. He had known from the moment he met you that your eyesight was non-existent. It was just the way your eyes looked when he had seen you for the first time. Dulled in color and cloudy. How when you talked to people you never seemed to be able to face them directly. At first, he thought you were just a nervous person, but after one overheard conversation about your quirk, he knew the reason why.

You were blind.

The quirk echolocation ran in your family and always seemed to make the user blind when it manifested. Your memories of the world had ended at age six when you had woken up one morning and things went dark. Since then, you had learned how to survive off your other senses and quirk. Even so, it was clear you often missed being able to see how things really were. Your quirk made it easy for you to make out your surroundings, but the details of those spaces were minimal.

You could make out when someone was near you or when you had to avoid something or you would run into it. But you couldn't tell the colors on your uniform or how your meal looked or even if your friends were wearing something they thought was cute and were hoping for compliments on.

Years of this living this way had made you frustrated and now it seemed to have hit a boiling point. You and Bakugou had been going out since your second year started and it was about halfway through it now. So when you had asked to have him meet you out on campus on Saturday afternoon, he did so without worry. You both got together often and this was no different.

Or at least it was until he had shown up by the usual place, one of UA's fountains, and you had faced him with that look. The one that told him you had something on your mind and it was burning your tongue waiting to be said.

"I want you to tell me what you look like!"

It was spoken in a way that made it sound desperate and driven. Delicate and despaired. You wanted to see the world for all the bright vivid scenes it offered but had to instead ask for it to be described to you. He had told you about what certain things looked like before, like the meals you'd often eat together or the weather so you'd know how to dress properly. This was the first time you asked him about what he looked like though.

"W-Why do you want to know?" He asked you, still trying to calm his heart when he had heard your words. "Does it fucking matter?"

You fidgeted in place and gently shook your head.

"I know what your voice sounds like and your personality. I know you smell like caramel and campfire and that your hands are rough and calloused from all your training and quirk usage. I've tasted your food and had long conversations with you... but I'm missing one, Katsuki-kun."

Your eyes welled up. "I don't... know how you look. I feel like... I'm missing a huge part of you because of that."

"Does it really matter that fucking much to you?"

You nodded and wiped at your eyes, refusing to cry over something you already felt was ridiculous. You heard Bakugou sigh and prepared for what he was going to say. Instead, you felt him grab your hands and move them.

"I have blonde hair." He told you as he let you run your fingers through his hair. "Some say its ash-blonde or flax or light blonde... I don't care cause its blonde."

"Blonde's the one that's yellowish, right?"

"Yeah." He told you and felt your hands move onto his cheeks. "I have red eyes. You remember what red looks like?"

You nodded. "I do. My grandma always made spaghetti growing up and the sauce was always this deep shade of red. Are your eyes that same color?"

"You just fucking ask if I have pasta sauce eyes?"

"I-I don't know how else to describe it!!"

"Moron... they're a darker color." He scoffed and hoped the warmth on his cheeks was not felt on your hands. "Alright. That good?"

"No! Tell me more! How tall are you? What does your body look like? What are you wearing? What colors are you wearing?!" You bubbled to him and Bakugou only sighed and shook his head.

"You that interested?"

"I... want to know what you look like so I can picture you in my head and describe you to other people. I want... to have the whole picture of you, Katsuki-kun! I have the four other sense already... so please keep telling me about what I can't see!"

He coughed into his hand and looked away with a dark blush. It really meant that fucking much to you, huh? Well... he couldn't let you down then. His heart would not allow it.

"I'm... a bit taller then you." He started once more. "I-I work out a lot, so I guess I have some muscles or something like that on my fucking arms and legs and stomach."

Your eyes twinkled despite their disability. Maybe it was a result of the smile you wore? Maybe it was how you bounced in place slightly? Maybe it was the aura of joy you were emitting? Well whatever it was, you looked to be sparkling, your eyes especially.

He'd never know what it was like to live as you did. A part of you that so many people took for granted and relied on heavily had been taken away from you. Something that was clearly making you burn with curiosity. And you had reached out to him to tell you about how the world looked.

He wasn't always the best with words but if there was a time Bakugou wanted to be good at them... it was now. You meant the world to him and so... he would describe the world to you. No matter what you asked for how poor his words were, he would always do so.

Though, it would help his words if you didn't also insist now on touching everything he was describing, as you were currently doing with his arms and cooing over how muscular they felt.