{Soulmate Au} Aftermath (Bakugou Katsuki)

Soulmate AU- When You Cry, So Does Your Soulmate

(AN- It's been over a year (2019) since I last checked comments on this book and omfg, u all are boosting my non-existent confidence into reality. I'm so happy to hear so many of you like my writing. It means more to me then I think I can type or say. So, please enjoy this book and all the others I've written if you are interested!)

Another restless night, another nightmare that managed to jolt him away from the already restless dreaming he was doing. A drop of sweat dripping down from his brow was less alerting to the smell of burning fabric that was were his fingers had previously been gripping the sheets. A deep and unpleasant sigh escaped his lips as the ash blonde reached over to his nightstand.

He hated it all. He hated how he's had to keep a towel near his bedside to wipe away his dangerous sweat. Hated how he couldn't sleep. Hated how the teachers seemed to loom over him now. Hated how the stupid fucking dorm system was because of him. Hated how All Might-

He shook his head, not wanting to get into the bullshit that was being buried deep down within him towards the surface any more than it already was. He told himself that it didn't matter... that he was fine and this would all go away with time. But it had been a long time since all these events occurred... and he still couldn't shake it.

The fear that pulsed through him when that burnt guy took him into the portal. The fear of watching the hero he's idolized since he could talk nearly die because of him. The way his own shit classmates put their own lives on the lines to rescue him from the hell he was trapped in.

And he hated them all for it... they all thought he was useless, huh? That he was weak... that he couldn't have taken care of himself in that situation!

...and they were right. Every single one of them was right, and the current reality proved it.

Bakugou grinded his teeth, trying to not let the idea sink in further... but it was useless. Much like his own potential and skills, it appeared it wasn't good enough and no matter how hard he tried, it was no use.

And now with provisional exams next week... he knew that the results would show it. If he couldn't save himself, or get out of a fight himself... how the hell could he do so for other people?

Before he could continue this little pity party he was throwing for himself, a knock came from his dorm room door. The ash blonde's eyes widening and his heart pounding at the sound that came from it surprising him. It was nearly three in the morning! Who the hell would be visiting him right now?

He didn't care if he was honest, seeing as this sudden intrusion might be a good distraction for him. And so, his legs carried him towards the door and his arms wasted no time opening the door to reveal the figure behind the door.

Or at least that's what he assumed would happen. Instead, he was pushed back a little, a squeezing from his core and the feeling of someone burying their face into his already sweaty tee shirt was enough to send a different emotion through his body.

The locks of (hair color) were enough for the male to know who was here... her appearance looking to also be bed tossed and sleep deprived. And yet, (Name) didn't speak at all, instead opting to look up at him, her eyes full of tears breaking down her face.

Barely seeable scarlet hues looked at her with a curiosity, the twisting of his heart making him worry about what exactly had made her cry. And while he still wasn't too certain about this entire soulmate thing... he knew that ever since he found out she was his and only his one true love after the end of term exams, she had tried to move closer to him, but he never wanted it.

But right now at this moment, seeing her so suddenly appear with sadness in her eyes and no words to share for once, the ash blonde could actually feel the bond he shared with her tighten like his every being was screaming for him to reach out and wrap his arms around her as well.

Yet he held back, instead deciding that his words were a much better option. He didn't want anyone to see him like this after all... not even his destined. But, it appeared it was too late... as she beat him to the first sentence muttered between them.

"Why are you crying, Gou-kun?"

The words in his throat died at that moment, the few words said to him striking him in a way that was unfamiliar to him. And with a guttural cry, he pressed his head against her shoulder as more angry tears started to cascade down his face.

He hadn't even noticed it... the tears spilling from his eyes this entire time. But then again, after the month he's had with every night being like this, he must have gotten used to the feeling of water leaking onto his cheeks and the dryness of his throat.

And (Name) had bared with it this long... her previous interactions with the male she knew as her soulmate having always been that he didn't need her or her help with anything. And she he tried to move past it and ignore the burning in her chest every night since he was returned... but tonight was especially bad.

She couldn't explain it... but she felt as if tonight, he was really at his lowest. Like the tears held a certain type of sadness that even she had never felt before. And before she knew it, she was outside his door in a flurry of tears that were not her own.

And now... now the soulmate she was sure would never accept her in any form was holding onto her tightly, like she was the only thing keeping him tethered to the realm of stability. It was a shock, but she knew tonight wasn't about her... and these confusing and fluttering feelings in her chest could be sorted out later.

Gently, (Name) moved her hands up and down his back. The sensation a strange comfort to the male who had already been adverse to touch, but now was sinking into it. His breathing calming down enough to allow him to feel his chest calming down.

"Do you wanna talk?" She asked him, his body stilling against her own.

He didn't say anything, but from the tears that were building up again in her eyes, she knew what his answer was. So instead, she squirmed out of his grip but kept one hand in his. Her body guiding him back to his bed.

Bakugou wasn't sure why he wasn't putting up more of a fight, but maybe it was because he was emotionally exhausted now. And for once it wasn't because his anger had made him scream his voice dull, but rather from the guilt and self-loathing that had suddenly started to occupy the places pride had once been.

"I-I-" He trembled again as another flow of tears broke from him.

"It's okay." (Name) told him, sitting cross-legged next to him on his bed.

The sheets were messy and tossed, a smell of burning sticking to them. She sighed, seeing as he had been taking this all harshly, despite what everyone else had said... even Bakugou was capable of being this low and was as guilty as her of keeping this all to himself until he couldn't hold it in any longer.

"You don't have to say anything..." She told him, moving him once more.

Bakugou's lips quivered as he was gently forced downward, his head resting on something soft and warm. A set of fingers starting to trace through his locks and bring yet another wave of strange comfort to him. The sensation making him feel crazy over how it could make him feel so calm, and like it would be okay in the end.

"You don't have to say a single thing... just get it out of your system, okay?" She told him, a smile gracing her lips that he couldn't see. "I'll stay right here and do whatever you need me to do. Tonight is about you... and I'm here for you."

There was a certain sadness in her voice as she muttered the last part, knowing she should have been here for him much earlier... but she couldn't focus on that right now, not when this moment was occurring now.

And so, the two of you remained like this for the remainder of the night. An abnormally silent Bakugou resting on your legs and (Name) tracing her fingers through his soft locks of ash blonde. And even when he finally did manage to drift back off to sleep, she stayed by him, not knowing if he'd wake up again in a storm of tears.

He didn't though... and for the first time in weeks... he slept comfortably.